Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Wow, there are some retarded choices for hard core off-roaders in that list, Jeep Grand Cherokee is no longer a hard core off roader, a Lexus? HAHA, LR3 sucks, Was that a Grand Vitara? HAhaha and the G Wagon? Whoever picked that list is a moron.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow, there are some retarded choices for hard core off-roaders in that list, Jeep Grand Cherokee is no longer a hard core off roader, a Lexus? HAHA, LR3 sucks, Was that a Grand Vitara? HAhaha and the G Wagon? Whoever picked that list is a moron.
Well based by the old lexus lx they were basically a land cruiser which I could rank in the top 12 but this 570 looks like everything else these days to fancy and probably won't hold its own, that suzuki yea..... Doubt it! All jeeps now are a joke for off road to much luxury bs. Mercedes may hold their own, but you will break the bank to replace something.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
The G Wagon has roots back to being an unstoppable vehicle. Now it's just all luxury but is still unstoppable if you were to ever take it off road. More power than the X, front and rear lockers standard, it's actually pretty badass.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I agree, the article is poorly written, but it isn't all BS. The Lexus in particular could be more capable than you think- I've seen a Lexus LX470 do things that blew my mind off road. My boss drives one. He was the only one of us who didn't get stuck in the snow on one trail- actually he rescued the leader's FJ and helped keep a Wrangler from rolling off the trail and down a mountain that day (granted my X was in the shop, I don't know if it would have done better than the Lex.) I don't know the differences with the LX570, but I would think with minimal mods it could be a pretty capable off roader...

As to the rallycross Subaru, I think it's a red herring. No idea why they chose to include that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts