Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The event happened this weekend with about 20 FJ's and 1 Xterra. I don't have any action shots of the X, but the aftermath after 2 days of rain and a monsoon while we were on the trail. BTW, Coon Creek ORP is owned and operated by Rough Country Suspensions.

This is me, frustrated after about 8 attempts at this hill. Right after the monsoon hit. This is about 3/4 of the way up. Getting ready to be pulled the rest of the way.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
I think the X did well since it didnt get rolled.....................ask him to tell that story!

I would have been pissed getting winched up that hill too. It didnt look that bad. But the fj's had to be winched to correct?

I agree with the comment you made to me, I would have rather had the dust.

·
on line
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mcampana said:
I think the X did well since it didnt get rolled.....................ask him to tell that story!

I would have been pissed getting winched up that hill too. It didnt look that bad. But the fj's had to be winched to correct?

I agree with the comment you made to me, I would have rather had the dust.
I had to be winched and 1 other FJ had too also. I think if I would have waited about 30 minutes, I would have made it. I started up it when it was still raining.

2 FJ's before me made it. I was talking to one of the guys that drive's an FJ and he said the rear locker was a big help. Plus he had new mud tires put on the day before.

We had one FJ roll on its side. The driver and passenger were ok though. The FJ, didn't come out as well.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Aw who cares if the FJ made it up that hill, 1. he had mudders, and 2. he probably craked part of the body doing it :) If you had some mudders I bet you would have made it up that hill :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts