Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

501 - 520 of 521 Posts

·
TNX Administrator
20,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
Must have two Xterra's. His other one is a 2011 Pro-4X @ 150,000 miles...

·
TNX Administrator
20,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
Update: My 2005 SE is at 310k miles or more, not other changes, repairs or mods.

Sure wish Nissan continued to make Xterra's
Wow ...I'm really impressed with the high mileage Xterras mine has 125k and it's a 2005 I'm never selling mine.
Have UpDated / Added to Thread Mileage Lists! (y)

Reactions: ShawnInPaso

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
So I'll do a little update to stay current. About this time last year I bought my wife a new RAV4 - so I was able to retrieve my Fronty from her and the X is no longer our DD - it now has 357,000 - so only 5000 miles in a year - mostly short trips close by. Still my favorite to drive. It did throw a P0171 which turned out to be a primary air/fuel (oxygen) sensor - replaced with a denso and it solved the problem. Recently I noticed the A/C was warm at idle and Found out the electric fan wasn't working - so I replaced that. It helped with the AC but its still not super cold at idle - but it is when driving so no idea whats up there. Otherwise everything works fine. Unfortunately it doesn't get driven that much anymore.

·
TNX Administrator
20,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #506

·
Registered
704 Posts
149,xxx miles now. No other changes.

·
TNX Administrator
20,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #508

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra "Leaf Xterrason"
2 Posts
Mileage: 115k

Year: 2005

Trim: SE

Transmission: 5AT

Just bought at 115k. Maintenance completely unknown/neglected. Replaced: Shocks and Struts, L-rear leaf spring, synth oil, 4qt tranny swap. Has a SMOD radiator, transmission hesitates and slams into gear occasionally, though fluid looked normal. In 4WD, sometimes, there is no reverse! Then none in 2WD. Shut truck off, then start.... reverse returns?!? Will replace radiator, maybe tranny flush or poor man's flush, attempt to save it. Will do diff and transfer soon. looks good for a Wisconsin frame. Hope to go over 300k.

·
Registered
263 Posts
2005 Xterra Se original owner 355k miles, still running strong
Very nice! Since you’re the orig owner, any details on what’s been replaced, your maint routines, driving habits? My goal is at least 250k now at 147k 2006 OR automatic. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
303,029 | 2006 | OR | 6MT | Replaced the cats at about 150,000 miles, plugs at approximately 220,000 miles. Previously replaced the rear shocks. At about 275,000 replaced the Radiator, water pump, thermostat, Brakes Rotors & Pads all the way around. The A/C has seen minor repairs for leaking fittings, but is otherwise original and blows cold. I do standard oil changes at 5-7K. Presently the CEL is on and I believe the cats need to be changed again. The front end is also vibrating and work needs to be done there, but since I will be getting a new vehicle when the 2021 models come out, my mechanic advised me to drive it as is. Overall, the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned and I would buy another if they were still available, or a Frontier if they still offered a manual transmission in the new model, which unfortunately they have eliminated. Looks like a 2021 Toyota Tacoma to get the manual transmission.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
The Xterra that for the longest time was the newest with the most miles on this list did not go very far in the last year. I see a 2012 with 306 has taken that spot now. Took him in for his emissions test and I had only driven 1,286 miles since last year around this time. But he got to have fun on 3 hiking trips to the mountains and a Kayaking trip.

Spent more than double in dollars than miles driven chasing down a noise in the front suspension.

Old Navy: If you could please replace my section with the following.

On its 4th set of tires, 5th battery, Spark plugs 118, Rear hatch struts 134, Driver's side cat 143, Brake pads all around and front rotors 156. Rear rotors, several wheel studs, axle repair, and new wheel after the tire shop incident 171, Low-pressure AC hose, all 4 shocks, fan clutch, coolant line, and oil cooler seal 176, Both upper and lower suspension arms and both front wheel bearings 178.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I'm the original owner of a 2005 se with 364000, due to corona I've had a lot more time on my hands, so I decided to do some front end work, everything was all original, I replaced my inner and outer tie rods, they were really worn, but felt no difference, I replaced the sway bar links, felt that, steering got tighter, now I'm hearing ball joint rattling, just ordered the uppers, will be replacing this weekend, I change my oil every 5k miles, and add a quart of lucas oil, just had the line that runs from my heater core to the engine break off and basically crumble, the replacement was aluminum, my engine light is on due to something with the gas tank pressure, not sure exactly but it only comes on if I let the gas get low, the truck runs great, not sure I will ever let it go

·
Registered
140 Posts
243,500 | 2007 | S | 5AT | Oil/Filter every 5,000. Fluids for Trans/Transfer case/Both axles/Coolant every 30,000 miles. Nobody has ever worked on my Xterra except me. Original owner. Only regular fluids until 75,300 8/5/11 Replaced washer seals passenger front caliper due to leak. Installed camber bolts. Replaced brake fluid. --- 98,000 miles, timing chain and guides. Replaced spark plugs. --- 128,000 2/14/14 New Bilstein shocks on front (rears still original). Driver window motor and regulator. Right front inside brake pad was thin. --- 138,000 Front and rear U-joints (junk Autozone, didn't know better). Replaced front seal on transfer case. --- 171,000 Changed brake fluid. --- 175,000 Cylinder 1 misfire, replaced the bad coil pack. --- 175,000 6/5/16 Changed spark plugs. Noticed driver side valve cover is leaking oil into spark plug well. --- 186,000 2/16/17 Passenger side valve cover now leaking oil down side of engine. --- 189,000 Changed driver side valve cover. --- 191,000 6/8/17 Replaced radiator only as a precaution. Upper and lower radiator hoses, thermostat, rubber radiator mounts and OEM foam, serpentine belt. All items were in outstanding condition! Radiator looked brand new inside! --- 194,000 7/20/17 Replaced all rear turn and brake light bulbs after one burned out. Replaced #5 coil pack. --- 199,000 Oct 14 2017 Blackstone lab results came back outstanding. Found Oil Cooler O ring leaking, replaced it. Replaced both motor mounts. --- 199,400 Oct 23 2017 Replaced rear U Joint, this time with Spicer life series. Driveshaft bolts and nuts replaced with that job. --- 206,000 3/25/18 Replaced passenger side valve cover. Replaced all spark plugs due to the oil leaking into the spark plug well. Replaced coil pack #2. Replaced both cam phase adjusters gaskets because one of them was weeping oil. New hose that connects valve covers, and the hose that connects valve cover to air intake. Replaced both plastic coolant to heater core pieces. The small outside one had totally degraded and fell apart when I tried to take it off! Cleaned throttle body. Replaced upper plenum gaskets since I took it off to do the passenger valve cover. --- 225,000 7/21/19 Bearing on end of transmission shift cable broke at the shifter. Replaced the rubber bearing. --- 241,000 Oct 17 2020, No crank with single "click" sound. IPDM is still the original white unit, so went ahead and replaced it with the updated one and included the matching lid with the correct diagram inside it for the new IPDM. --- 242,500 12/1/20, Noticed signs there was fluid at the output shaft for the transmission so I replaced both the seal and the dust boot. So little fluid was lost that it didn't even show up on the dipstick. Airbag light was on so I replaced the clock spring. ----- Other than front shocks, all suspension is original. I know at some point I replaced the driver front wheel bearing but somehow didn't document it. ----- No rattles. Still drives like new, no joke. Currently has a rough idle and needs cats cleaned or replaced. Driver seat is badly worn, and I have purchased a full set of original seat covers to bring them all back to like new. Best vehicle I've ever owned, and it will kill us when we finally have to sell it. Like getting rid of your loyal dog, how could you do that?!

·
Registered
20 Posts
150,000 | 2008 | S | 5AT | 4x4 Owned the truck since the beginning of 2020. Bought off original owner who did SMOD replacement. Oil Changes every 5k and tans, diff, box fluids done at 110K (plan on doing again at 160k). Spark plugs, ignition coil 3 (faulty), oil cooler seal (little oil leak fixed, no leaks or burning oil now), and manifold gasket done at 148K. Drives great after plugs done, acceleration is much smoother now. Original suspension on +1 in tires. Plan on doing suspension next as ride is a little rough but not bad for a 4x4. Link in back was broken when I bought it. Noticed heater gives off coolant smell when temp is on anything but full cold... prob small leak in heater core which sucks, but might tackle sometime soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a customer give me a 2009 Xterra .
He said it has suspension damage .
He had quotes from 2500-4500 to fix .
I checked it out and found a bent rear axle . Bought one from a wrecker . Did brakes front and back . Put a windshield in . Lent it out and that cost me a clutch and flywheel

When the guy said he had a buggy I could have I didn’t even know what brand of unit I was getting . After washing it I was pleased on what showed up from under a couple years of dirt and mud . I have used it for a year and a half and it don’t use any oil . 200 000 kms on the clock .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009, S, 5AT, Super Black
5 Posts
115250 | 2009 | S | 5AT | Second owner but purchased 1.5yr old used with 27K on it. Regular maintenance 2x/yr. Spent half of it's life in Maryland and half in Toronto, ON. Daytime running lights kit @49, 109 (Canada import requirement); about to purchase 3rd set of all seasons, winter tires purchased in 2015 and swapped out seasonally; on 3rd battery; front brakes/rotors @53, 65, 83,104 (all under warranty); rear brakes/rotors @65, 83 (all under warranty); lift gate struts @96; engine valve cover gasket & intake gasket @99; spark plugs @99; alternator drive belt @99; headlamps @99; rear shocks @104; front shocks still original and no signs of leaks. Everything else running smoothly and I hope it stays that way for a while :) Probably driving less than 7mi/yr.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is this game like golf?

Mileage: 30665 (yes you read that right)

Year: 2011

Trim: Pro-4X

Transmission: Automatic

501 - 520 of 521 Posts