Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
We weren't aware there was any issue with the bracket, but we have already taken care of it. We found it was a pretty rare occurrence but took care of it anyway.
No fit issue but the driveshaft hits the bracket. I had to take the bracket off and cut a good chunk off to clear the driveshaft.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
We weren't aware there was any issue with the bracket, but we have already taken care of it. We found it was a pretty rare occurrence but took care of it anyway.

I don't buy that for a second. Multiple people have contacted you guys with this problem and you're BS response is "it doesn't happen enough to justify correcting it".
Nice try playing it off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
I don't buy that for a second. Multiple people have contacted you guys with this problem and you're BS response is "it doesn't happen enough to justify correcting it".
Nice try playing it off.
What numbers do you have to indicate that those multiple people consist of all or even a majority of people running Hefty gas skids? The vocal minority does not make the majority. I'm certain Hefty has sold more gas skids than there have been complaints of driveshaft contact. Either the rest of those people haven't spoken up, or there is in fact just a small percentage of cases that arise from tolerance/slop issues on either Hefty's end or Nissan's.

·
Premium Member
9,952 Posts
What numbers do you have to indicate that those multiple people consist of all or even a majority of people running Hefty gas skids? The vocal minority does not make the majority. I'm certain Hefty has sold more gas skids than there have been complaints of driveshaft contact. Either the rest of those people haven't spoken up, or there is in fact just a small percentage of cases that arise from tolerance/slop issues on either Hefty's end or Nissan's.
jeesh... Trex never said most, all, or majority. He simply said multiple. This issue is pretty well documented on this site. Trex reacted to Hefty saying they "weren't aware there was any issue with the bracket". I agree with trex - there is no way hefty didn't know that some or a few people had this problem before now.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
jeesh... Trex never said most, all, or majority. He simply said multiple. This issue is pretty well documented on this site. Trex reacted to Hefty saying they "weren't aware there was any issue with the bracket". I agree with trex - there is no way hefty didn't know that some or a few people had this problem before now.

Thanks for the backup.

·
Registered
569 Posts
We don't spend any time searching this site. Unless we are directly contacted by the customer we aren't aware of any issue. We had one customer call and explain the issue, send pictures and we corrected it. It only took one person contacting us directly to make the correction. Again we don't spend hours searching every forum. We only check our specific forum once a week or so.

Chris

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'll throw in my 2-cents worth; I now have both Hefty sliders and skids (installed the skids myself three weeks ago). Great quality products AND excellent service and communications from Chris. No problems whatsoever with the install or since.

·
Premium Member
9,952 Posts
We don't spend any time searching this site. Unless we are directly contacted by the customer we aren't aware of any issue. We had one customer call and explain the issue, send pictures and we corrected it. It only took one person contacting us directly to make the correction. Again we don't spend hours searching every forum. We only check our specific forum once a week or so.

Chris
I completely understand that you don't have time to spend hours searching the forum. I thought I remembered several people mention they had contacted you but I could be remembering wrong :confused: After all... everything you read on the internet MUST be true lol

I'm glad to hear that someone stepped up and gave you guys useful feedback and pics so you could get the issue (however minor it was) resolved!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
great customer service, ran into some issues atempting to install my skids the other evening ( gas tank skid bracket was cut and bent properly, no contact with the DS but just wouldn't bolt up, issue was with the insaller lol). chris was right there answering my emails and even too some time to take my phone call when he was out at a ball game to help me along.

second item out of their line up and so far I am happy with the money spent

keep up the awsome work guys

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
A thumbs up and thank you to Chris and Heftyfab. After I bought my skids I talked to Chris on the phone a few times about a bumper and the details of it. He was polite and courteous about all my questions. When I finally pulled the trigger he gave me an estimated lead time and hit it exactly. I recommend to anyone.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
35 Participants
aeberlein
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing