Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While wheeling yesterday I crested a hill and failed to spot the "dip" on the other side. After what can only be described as impact the full container of washer fluid that was in the cargo net in the back ended up on the back seats, my front tow hook was torn from the frame and my wheels were left out of alignment.
Washing all the mud of this eveing I noticed a dent in my rad skid about the size of my fist across.
I'm fairly certain that had it not been for the Hefty skid I would have sustained much more damage.
The impact rocked my whole truck and the guy 2 vehicles back heard the "thump" with his windows up and radio on.
These skids are TOUGH!!

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Nice! Been there. 3/16" steel skid plates for the win! :cheers: The first big impact you have, makes the whole set worth the price instantly. I'd have spent at least 3-4 times that replacing diffs, t-cases, and oil pans by now without them.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I wonder if it's there to correct the angle when towing. Hefty is probably expecting the rear end to sag a little under stress from towing. I've noticed I have some driveline vibe after I put my lift on, but if I have 2 or more passengers it goes away because the rear end is sagging a little

·
Registered
343 Posts
We ordered up some new skids a few days ago to replace some beat up stockers on one of our shop rigs. Less than a week later, they are on their way.
Thank you for providing awesome turnaround times for custom fab parts!!

I have to say, out of our 15 or so shop/employee rigs (mix of Nissan and Toyota)
most of which all have aftermarket plate bumpers installed on them... Our Hefty bumpers are by FAR the some of the best fitting and strongest designed we have seen.

Hefty sets the standard in true functional works of art, great customer service, and all around great products!
-Chris

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Great Service! Go Hefty!

I've had my bumper on for a few weeks now and i'm loving it. With the recent snow storm I did several recoveries without an issue. Fitting and Aligning the bumper was not even an issue the craftsmanship is is great better than I expected and definitely worth the coin. As far as service goes, it was a great experience every time I had a question he would give me an answer on the spot unlike some companies where you have to badger them for one. Wait time was definitely a plus when he says less than eight weeks he means it. Really nothing but great things to say......Thanks Chris!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Hefty has great customer service!! I bought a couple skids during a sale , and later decided to get the rest, and he gave me a great discount for buying a full set, even though it was a seperate purchase. Got everything fast! Deff some good skids!!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Good to hear. Do you have a front or rear bumper? I'm looking at ordering a rear bumper with swing away spare carrier in late summer or early fall, but the 6-7 month delay from Shrock is kind of a deal breaker.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I'll pile on here. Bought a radiator skid. Needed it in a hurry. It showed up four days later. Bolted it up this weekend and it fits beautifully. Plays nice with my Shrock engine skid too. Thanks, Chris. Great business you've got.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts