Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: Hey everybody. If you read my intro the other day when I first joined on here, you know how I acquired my X. If you didn't read it, here is my story. August 23, 2013, my Mom passed away from a major heart attack at the age of 45. I am only 17, so I never would have thought that I would live without my mom at this age. She bought the X a couple years ago with only 67,000 miles on it and in near mint condition. Now it has a few spots that need some help where the paint has peeled off on the fenders and a small rust spot on roof a few inches above the windshield.

I don't know a whole lot about Xterras, but I have learned allot from my best friend Hunter who purchased his X not too long after my mom purchased hers. I do plan on taking care of it and taking care of its little issues. I do have some mods in mind, but nothing extreme. I am mechanically minded and although this is the newest vehicle I have worked on, I am open to learn about it.

Make: Nissan
Year: 2006
Model: Xterra
Trim: SE
Color: Midnight Blue

MODS

Done Now:
Removed steps
Removed mud flaps
Tailgate silencer mod
Installed fogs (waiting on switch)
New tires (sort of)
Replaced rear hatch struts
Installed sub and aftermarket radio
Blacked out hood
Interior floor lighting
Started rear bumper build
New drive shaft :|
FlowTech glasspack

Need To Do:
Caught up... For now.

Want To Do:
2-3 inches of lift
Painted plastics
Decent sized tires
Sliders
Stealth wheels
Tint windows
Full LED conversion
Finish rear bumper
Build new front bumper

PHOTOS

Random goofy pic a buddy of mine and I took after I got back from basic.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't done anything with the x since I got it besides just driving it around a little. I did pick up some new fog lights and mounting hardware from a friend. Not sure how to post pics from forum runner app though.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
A great place to browse things you can do is the How-To section. Great place to see what you can do and what it takes to get it done.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Been a while since I've posted anything here. Haven't done a whole lot. Took the mud flaps off a few days ago and took the steps off earlier today. Also installed factory fog lights yesterday. Now I just need the stalk with the fog light switch. Been meaning to do it for months now, but never got the chance. Going to try to do the SMOD bypass sometime next weekend if the weather is decent enough. What other mods can be done cheap/free besides blacking out my wheels (already want to do that)?

Before step removal:

After:

Fog lights:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just realized that I haven't updated this in over a year now. Time flies.. Not much has changed. Paint has gotten worse.

Redid my exhaust. Now running a 18" FlowTech glasspack dumped before the rear end.

Blacked out my hood.

Installed some floor lighting.

Replaced brakes.

Started my rear bumper build, then lost my driveshaft while doing 70 down a major highway... :|

And a random muddy shot that I took.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Im subscribed! im also a 17y/o with a 06 Rwd Xterra SE (also in a dark color{mine is black while yours is blue})

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What did you use for the hood blackout? Truck's looking good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It's rustoleums rubberized paint. Got it at Walmart for like 4 bucks a can.

Im subscribed! im also a 17y/o with a 06 Rwd Xterra SE (also in a dark color{mine is black while yours is blue})
Nice. Mine needs to be repainted in a bad sorta way.

bruising all other RWDs on the trails ;)
Haven't done too much trail riding with mine. Mostly just mud. Have had to pull out a few full size 4wd trucks though, which I find ironic.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Haven't done too much trail riding with mine. Mostly just mud. Have had to pull out a few full size 4wd trucks though, which I find ironic.
Lol then giving a bruising out in the mud? And i cant count how many 4x4s i pulled out so i definetly understand XD

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got some stuff planned for the X pretty soon. Can't do anything too extreme as I'm trying to move into a better apartment.

Big 3.
Upper interior panel recolor to get rid of that tan/light gray.
Wheel Stealth.
New sub enclosure and amp.
There's more on the list, but these are the things I plan to tackle first.

·
Registered
273 Posts
2WD for the win!! I plan on doing a rear locker as long as nothing extreme happens in the next year. It'll definitely increase off-road ability with only having 2 tires spinning lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
2WD for the win!! I plan on doing a rear locker as long as nothing extreme happens in the next year. It'll definitely increase off-road ability with only having 2 tires spinning lol
Which rear lockers are yall planing on getting? bc i need one but have no clue on what to get

1 - 20 of 27 Posts