Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just wondering if any of you in Cali have heard of Texas Canyon AKA Rowher flats? I believe its somewhere out in the Valencia area. I have wheeled out there with some of my buddies and had a blast. Mostly steep hill climbs with somewhat moderate technicality. Maybe you guys would be interested in an X meet sometime after the Rattlesnake Canyon meet. let me know. I tried to find a good link to paste but there are a few. Just type in Rowher flats under yahoo or google and check some of the pics out. See you all at rattlesnake. Im gonna be the one in the Desert Stone X "S"!

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the trail system out there is pretty cool. i wish i could post pics but i odnt know how to. there are a bunch of pics on the net. just type in rowher flats on the yahoo/google search engine and youlle see some of the trail systems. its a very large area that is shared by ATV's, dirtbikes and us.

·
on line
463 Posts
We spoke briefly of this place on Saturday.
While I haven't been there, I would very much like to get togethere for more adventure..

Another very definite must.

Jim B

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe we can run this by the group on our next visit. its really not a very long trail system but it is fun climbing those steep hills. Type in rowher flats in your search engine and you will see some of the jeep and rover trips.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i thinking about waiting until after the next run. the other guys might have something planned out already. plus rowher is not really a two day event. you can pretty much cover all of it in one day. ill talk to my bro and let you guys know. i really want to check out the Diego area. it looks like you guys have alot of stuff out there. hey syndicate, what type of lift are you running?

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Yeah, sounds good.

It's AC coils in the front with Rancho 9000x shocks, and AC shackles in the rear with stock shocks.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet ride bro!! i wish mine looked like that. soon enough though. cant decide on either a downhill mountain bike, snowboard and gear, or lift kit...AHH decisions decisions.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Well look at it this way, a basic lift from AC would cost about half what a new snowboard and gear would cost you.

What kind of downhiller are you looking into getting?

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont know if your into mountain biking but some of the bikes im looking at are the GIANT glory, kona stinky, santa cruz vp-free or a used DEMO 9. basically any big hit bike. yeah, still weighing out the differences. if i go with the lift kit. i really want the competition lift from AC. we'll see what happens in the near future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts