Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have everything I need to do a swap except the two little brackets that hold the SAW reservoir and I'm tired of waiting to do the swap. I recall seeing a photo somewhere of one of you mounting your reservoirs using hose clamps looped through the what looked like the existing holes in the frame but now I can't find that build thread to save my life. Do any of you have photos of your reservoir mounted without the weld-on brackets? Any word on how well this approach holds up? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
You can look along the front of your frame (right in front of the coil buckets) and check out the several holes there. You might be able to get a hose clamp through there to hold the reservoirs.
That being said, I don't recommend this at all. You're just asking to have one fall out as they won't really be held against anything but the frame, allowing for some wiggle room.
How "rush" are you talking here? Can you wait just a couple days?
I was also in this boat at one point and I bought the reservoir mounts from Camburg and welded them on to my coil buckets. You can get bolt on ones as well which might be quicker. The holes in them are really small though and I didn't trust them.
Either way, Camburg has some good stuff worth checking out.
http://camburg.com/store/fabrication-parts/universal-mounts/

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't have pictures handy, but you can build a bolt in mount that work the same as everyone else who's welded them to the coilbucket. There is a hole all ready in the coil bucket side towards the front of the frame, drill that out to 1/4" and get some angle aluminum (2.5" x 2.5" I believe). Now, you're also going to want to get some 1/8" plate aluminum and cut out a bracket that will bolt to the angle. Install a nut insert in the frame (existing hole I believe) and bolt your bracket to that. Now, using the generic bolt on resi mounts, bolt that to the bracket you just bolted to the truck.

Those of us who can't weld need to get creative. If I could weld, or new someone who wanted to do a little project, I could design an entierly bolt on mount using the same idea I've done that reduces the number of parts and also places the resi exactly where it is when you use the weld on mounts.

This design has been test at Rausch on some decent (not super hard) blues and never flinched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts