Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all know I am old and blind! This is an easy one to do, but hard to do for the price I did it for. Fog lamps with green rings $10 brackets, on sale at JoJo's like $3 (CB ant Mirror mounts.) This all hooks up easy and fast, Plugs into 2 prong under roof basket, switch is on dash. Can be put on and taken off less than 1 min per side. OR leave em on and they go with the roof rack! Only use for night runs or when ever else you feel the need! Fully adjustable anytime can be sent in about any direction, up down fwd back, you name it.

And closer look.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
god..you must be running about 157 miles worth of wire on that rig. calm the hell down.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL I wish I had the thought to take pictures of it when I have it apart! You ought to see the wires going to the rear for the Amps Sub, CB, Aux lights. in front O have all sorts of stuff inside way too many to list! LOL I feel sorry for the guy who has to fix something if it goes wrong - Even if it's me! LOL And I have a lot more I want to do!

MC

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Syndicate said:
I just feel sorry for your battery.
Nice mod though.
My grandfather used to rebuild battery's I used to help him and he showed me how they work and what kills them. So I know how to prevent it. Using today's technology it makes it easy.
My battery tests out today better than the day I bought the X. There are ways to wire things that make it easy also, When I fire up these side lamps, one set of roof lamps are automatically disabled, and the Technical lights get power but do not light, they are remote controlled with a wireless remote any one , two or 3 or all four can be on at same time.
This reduces drain, allows me to turn on only light that illuminates section I need light on, prevents blinding fellow OR'ers and using the wireless remote I can take it outside the vehicle and fire up lights as I walk around. Mind you these lights have the LED ring I have those all wired separate and I can cast a low level light all the way around, enough to see to walk and rig.

AND if I am on a planned event. I have the largest deep cycle Battery bank available that backs me up in the winch and light dept. But it all functions without it unless you really have a problem. (Like stalled motor)

Everyone talks Optima, but I have heard good and bad about the longevity of them. Old wet cells last the longest. Plus, you can rebuild them yourself. Well I can.

MC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts