Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tear on two of my tires. What is the best way to fix this? None of the air pressure has been affected. I ve actually been driving with the tears for quite some time now. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one is on the inner sidewall front driver and the other on the driver rear tread its a little chunk that i can pull out and stick back in oh and a slash on the sidewall. i do not have any photos currently but that can be accomplished

·
on line
5,614 Posts
sikX said:
one is on the inner sidewall front driver and the other on the driver rear tread its a little chunk that i can pull out and stick back in oh and a slash on the sidewall. i do not have any photos currently but that can be accomplished
Here's a couple options:

(1) Do nothing but keep close observation (esp. the tear in the sidewall)

(2) $hit-can the sidewall tear, make the tread tear a spare, mount your spare on your good wheels and buy (1) new tire.

Without seeing the 'tear' can't really help much more than that.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: This goes back quite a few years, When I had ny tire shop in the '70's, we couldn't even fix a sidewall damaged rire, FOR A SPARE--Strictly verbotten !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,208 Posts
do not try and get the sidewall one fixed....it is not safe and as bigdaddychia said, any reputable tire shop would never fix a sidewall tear.

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the replys i still dont see the harm it is causing seeing that the tires are really big and the tears seem like nothing and the inflation is fine but the dealer told me to take it to discount tire?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts