Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TXR will be in Parker, AZ (just south of Lake Havasu) this weekend. We will be competing in the Best In The Desert's Parker 425.

We will be arriving on Friday morning for an all day contingency - check in event.

The race will be on Saturday with record breaking entries in all classes! The XterraRacer will probably leave the line around 10am (at the best) and is scheduled to go 2 laps.

Parker is well known for its offroad racing - the course has been around for a very long time and will challenge the best of all cars and drivers. The laps are about 135 miles, returning back to an infield track "the Python" where pit crews get to see cars negotiate 5 miles worth of jumps! The track follows several stream beds, rocky and whooped out alike and will be a littered with broken cars.

Dave and TXR invite you to come and participate in the fun. For more information please see www.teamxterraracing.com. We will be posting updates as to how things are going as contingency and the race.

For those of you that know Cyclemut, you will be pleased to know that he will be starting with Dave and running the first lap! Alan is up for a treat - this is beyond anything he can expect! I will be jumping in with Dave's brother to finish off the second lap.

New Sponsors that we need to especially thank for their commitment to the Team for 2008:
1. KC HiGHLiTES - providing HIDs and all lighting needs!
2. SPAL fans - these things really push!
3. Superior Axle - ringing and pinioning us!
4. 6 States Drivelines - twisting us along!

Returning Sponsors that continue to help us along:
1. NISSAN
2. DJ Safety
3. Fox Shocks
4. Goodyear
5. National Springs
6. Speed Hut
7. Evco - House of Hose
8. Double D bolt
9. CWI Hosting

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Kahuna said:
HEY...have you guys blown any diffs ??????? :rofl:
I assume the little rolling smiley means you are joking. :) But yes, they have blown diffs, both front and rear, multiple times!

Let's hope they have that all worked out now with new gears and the rear spool.

·
on line
750 Posts
Ditto on that. Strengthening of the diffs for the X will probably come from the racing world.

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Muzikman said:
3. Superior Axle - ringing and pinioning us!

That would be my guess.
Yup, we had d44 4.88 r&p in there for this race...a prototype deal...and it imploded after 5 miles...back to the drawing board...

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OregonX said:
I guess that means that the release of their Titan gears will be pushed back another 4-6 months. I'm assuming the Xterraracer is an OR model with an M226 in the rear?

Sorry to hear about that.
Depends on what the cause of the failure was...Metallurgy?? Heat treating?? Install?? We just don't know at this point...

·
on line
75 Posts
SUPERIOR sent me out 2 more gear sets. I am going to start testing the 4.56 ratio. I will install it on Weds. and go down to ST.George on Monday to test in desert without a foot of snow on it. I want to get several hours of test time on it before next race.

This is what bit us at Parker. We had so much snow here. The only test time for the gears was done on jack stands in a heated garage.

·
on line
75 Posts
OregonX said:
I guess that means that the release of their Titan gears will be pushed back another 4-6 months. I'm assuming the Xterraracer is an OR model with an M226 in the rear?

Sorry to hear about that.
No and yes!!!

I think you will see the Titan gears by SUPERIOR released here shortly.

The racer does run the M226 rear end.

I found a difference in the splines of the pinion between the Titan and the Xterra models. So it will take a different part number for the Xterra. I believe these can be made from the same blanks, just cut with a different spline. Ring gears will be the same.

We are getting very close. I have made some major break throughs for Superior to move forward with. It is very possible that the M226 ends up being the rear end of choice to be built buy racers and crawlers alike.
WHY???
1)Axles as big as a DANA 70.
2)No C-clips.
3)Large outter axle bearings - same as the big ford.
4)Larger carrier bearings.
5)Larger Pinion bearings.
6)Crush sleave set up pinion.
7)Heavy gusseted housing.
8)3" axle tubes.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
XterraRacer said:
I found a difference in the splines of the pinion between the Titan and the Xterra models. So it will take a different part number for the Xterra. I believe these can be made from the same blanks, just cut with a different spline. Ring gears will be the same.

We are getting very close. I have made some major break throughs for Superior to move forward with. It is very possible that the M226 ends up being the rear end of choice to be built buy racers and crawlers alike.
WHY???
1)Axles as big as a DANA 70.
2)No C-clips.
3)Large outter axle bearings - same as the big ford.
4)Larger carrier bearings.
5)Larger Pinion bearings.
6)Crush sleave set up pinion.
7)Heavy gusseted housing.
8)3" axle tubes.
Great info!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts