Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
on line
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got my TC UCA's and Radflows installed today. Everything seems ok, except when I crank the wheel to turn. There's a humming coming from the front end. The mechanic tracked it down to the axles rubbing ever so slightly against the Coils.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm going to call Greg @ PRG tomorrow, but I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this.

TIA

·
on line
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hrmm... I may have found my answer. Looks like the shop may have put the radflo's on upside down.

I just saw sextera's pic of his radflo.... http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3138&highlight=radflo

and based on that, my radflo's are flipped. Fabulous.

It's what I was actually wondering when we were looking at it before I left the shop.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I can't see how they are rubbing on the coils.

What size tires do you have? My 285/75R16's BFG MT's rub on the frame at full lock. Seems to rub more on the drivers side than passenger side.

The rear also rub on the frame at full flex.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I can't picture how it's possible to "rub axle" with any configuration of the IFS. Even if the Radflos are installed upside down, theoretically it's still the same diameter cylinder.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
2006fronty said:
my radflo's are the same way as sexterra's, but check out this guys radflo's on his frontier

who knows??????
That must be a FWD Frontier as there is no diff or axle.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
muzikman said:
2006fronty said:
my radflo's are the same way as sexterra's, but check out this guys radflo's on his frontier

who knows??????
That must be a FWD Frontier as there is no diff or axle.
That is definitely a 2wd fronty... still odd that LoPo is having contact as the radflo's are same diameter as the stock coilover +/- a few mm's

·
on line
1,716 Posts
LoPo said:
Hey guys,

I got my TC UCA's and Radflows installed today. Everything seems ok, except when I crank the wheel to turn. There's a humming coming from the front end. The mechanic tracked it down to the axles rubbing ever so slightly against the Coils.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm going to call Greg @ PRG tomorrow, but I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this.

TIA
Hijack...Who did your work? I'm gettin' ready to do the same.

·
on line
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm running the stock OR tires.

Jerry, I had Totally Offroad on S. Rock Blvd in Sparks do the work. Someone over at XOC recommended them.

·
on line
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a pic from my phone, sorry for the crap quality and lighting. My camera is at home...

·
on line
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I should also add, it creates a humming sound when the rubbing occurs. The Mechanic could see it rubbing so I don't think it's a question of what's rubbing but more why?

I left Greg a message this morning, haven't heard back from him.

So If I'm reading your posts right, there is a different coilover for the 2WD and 4WD? I'm wondering if he sent me a 2WD coilover....

·
on line
238 Posts
I agree. Flip them over. I have Radflo's and they came assembled with the top cap with the three bolts and it is reverse of what yours are mounted.

·
on line
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just spoke with Jen @ PRG and I sent her these pics, she is going to have Greg look at them to see if the coils are in fact flipped....

·
on line
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's strange, obviously they came assembled. I would find it hard to believe the shop disassembled them and reassembled them incorrectly.

·
on line
29 Posts
From looking at your pictures, you have the shock mounted the wrong way round. The body on the 2.0 shocks needs to face down.

Glenn

1 - 20 of 35 Posts