Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, seeing how the instructions that come with the uca's don't mention it. How hard do you torque the bolts that connect the upper control arm to the mounting tabs. I have them at 80#'s but I'm wondering if that is appropriate for the new arms. Thanks for the input -Andy

·
on line
15,651 Posts
See as the torque specs have more to do with the grade and size of a bolt and the bolts are the same as stock (correct?). They should be 94ft-lbs.

·
on line
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are the same as stock... I will have to pull the tires and retorque them this weekend, which I was already planning on doing... thanks for the info -Andy

·
on line
114 Posts
did you guys grind down the little tabs on the inside of the mounting brackets? I ask because when I tightened up the bolts on the TC UCA, it took quite a bit of strength to move them up and down

·
on line
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had this same question and I can't seem to get it figured. I didn't grind down any tabs but the arms were definetly hard to move up and down. I wish that I had flexed the stock arms before removing them just for comparison sake. I think that everything is working just fine, but at the same time I don't have anything to compare it too -Andy and Jo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts