Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PRG 2.5" lift now. If I add the TC UCAs will I need to get an alignment again or no?

I could probably use it because my Pass. Right tire is feathering a slight bit, but I can barely afford the arms let alone a $80 alignment, lol.

Thanks!

·
on line
1,320 Posts
unfortunately, it's best to get it done because of the extra space placed between the uca and the top of the spindle it will throw your camber out.
Camber and caster do not have such adverse affects as improper toe adjustment so you could get by for a week or so if you just need to wait for a few extra bucks and aren't going on any road trips.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
For some extra coin it is worth the firestone lifetime alignment deal. Pay once and forget about further expenses.

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, thanks guys. I was thinking about the Firestone alignment, but everyone I know who has that says it was a waste because the Firestone techs don't know s*it about alignments, they just to a toe-and-go.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
stevet47 said:
Alright, thanks guys. I was thinking about the Firestone alignment, but everyone I know who has that says it was a waste because the Firestone techs don't know s*it about alignments, they just to a toe-and-go.
Never heard that, they have a pretty good tech training program. Rates up there with the goodwrench people without the good expensive price. Had mine done 3 times never a problem. And, when I had a Dodge 4X4 no alignment shop in town would back an alignment, only firestone. Who told you that? Point me to a shop that has a lifetime alignment for that price? Head shake. You can report that shops work to Firestone and they will send a DM out to fire them or retrain them, seriously. But 1st get it done, then prove they did it wrong. I've seen a lot of Firestone shops, they all had state of the art equipment, How can this be?

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that is good to know. I did not know that about Firestone, maybe my impression of them is mislead, as I do not have any firsthand experience with them, this is just what people have told me. As for them having state-of-the-art equipment, that doesn't mean much. I worked at a Just Tires store for 2 years, there were about 8 shop employees, and only myself and two other people knew how to use the Hunter road-force balancer (the only one in town), and only myself and one other person would ever use it properly.
Also, I worked at a Sear auto-center for 2 years in sales, we had some very nice Hunter alignment racks, but we also had techs not certified for alignments using them.
So really the equipment doesn't matter, if the employees aren't trained to use it.

I suppose I will give them a try. I'll just watch them to make sure they are doing it right, and luckily I can read the spec sheets (unlike a lot of customers), so I'll know how it turned out.

usmc xterra said:
stevet47 said:
Never heard that, they have a pretty good tech training program. Rates up there with the goodwrench people without the good expensive price. Had mine done 3 times never a problem. And, when I had a Dodge 4X4 no alignment shop in town would back an alignment, only firestone. Who told you that? Point me to a shop that has a lifetime alignment for that price? Head shake. You can report that shops work to Firestone and they will send a DM out to fire them or retrain them, seriously. But 1st get it done, then prove they did it wrong. I've seen a lot of Firestone shops, they all had state of the art equipment, How can this be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts