MODS

(Newer mods at the top)

Interior:
4/27/19: Rear Switch Plate and Junction Box
7/1/17: Pioneer AVH-391BHS (Post #2)

Exterior:
4/20/19: Beginning of Operation: Batteries and OBW
4/6/19: 2.5" Rough Country Spacer and Shackle Lift
7/8/17: Curt Class III Receiver and Wiring install (Post #3)

Electrical
5/19/19: Dual Odyssey PC1200 batteries installed with the National Luna kit.

PHOTOS

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today, I got around to doing the rear differential breather extension.
Ordered PN# 38323-C601A direct from my local dealership for $5.20. Perfect match for the OEM Breather.

Picked up some 1/4" ID fuel line which is a little loose, but with a hose clamp is not an issue.
Cleaned off the OEM breather and the axle before removing, removed with a deep 14mm socket. put a TINY amount of thread dope on the connector tube threads mostly as a lubricant. And drove her in with a 12mm deep socket. New connector sits about as high as the old breather did; approx. 3/4 of the way.

Took <10 minutes including removing the tail lights which were stuck on pretty good, and running the fuel line. I did bend the hose around the top light and inserted a small sponge air filter.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Added the Rough Country spacer and shackle lift kit! All aligned and ready to go. I just received my yearly bonus for work so I will be putting about 1/2 of it into doing a couple of prep mods:

1. Relocating the PS reservoir
2. Plumbing in a heat exchanger off the outlet heater hose

In preparation for a on-board hot shower and dual battery setup.

For the hot shower I have to find a local holding tank, luckily I live right next to a Camping World. And then I'll work on the plumbing. The tank will either be in the under-floor cargo or in the spare tire void!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finished Plumbing the Heat exchanger

Wow...not easy to do in the small space.

I originally had planned on bolting the exchanger to the fuse box, more for stability than anything else (See pics) However, in doing so the angles from the heater and return nipples were too sharp and kinked the hose lines. Currently working on fabricating an angled strap to hold the exchanger in place, but here it is for now!

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Working fabbing up the junction box for my rear hatch switches which will eventually power my Water Pump, OBA, Overhead lights and possibly two or three more items.

The switch panel is from here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078MNSRRT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The fuse box is :
https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-6-Circuit-Waterproof-Protection-Automotive/dp/B07FT1Z4MS

Relays are just standard 30/40 amp rated automotive fuses.

I plan on fabbing the junction box out of ABS, glueing the box behind rear passenger panel and then the cover will go on over the top, flush with the rear panel, that way the switches and vent/viewing window is easily accessed, but looks stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!! Still on the way!! I've finished fabricating the tank frame and adding the fittings. The plumbing is going to be a bit expensive, so I'm holding off for a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just finished constructing and wiring up my rear switch panel and fuse/relay box and got it installed! I have not installed the second battery yet (setup is sitting on the floor waiting for my friend who wants to help) but once it is installed i'm planning on running 2 AWG leads to the rear following the OEM wiring bundle.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Added the water tank. The cage is bolted through the body in the front and back, and a middle brace will be added to bolt through the frame rail. I can currently hang off the cage without issues, without the middle brace, but I prefer to overbuild my setups.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts