Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need camber bolts for the lower control arms after I installed a 2" lift up front. Those of you that have been through this with anything newer than an '05 know the frustration when you take it to get alligned.

Anyway, I call my local dealership, Tom Wood Nissan, here in Indianapolis to see if they have the parts.
They do indeed.
They want $28.00 a bolt. (!)
They want $7.00 for each eccentric washer (!!).

I then call around to the other dealerships and find that each has its own standard of what they feel is a fair price for parts. The cheapest I could find was $14.75 a bolt.

Calmini wants $54.95 + shipping for the entire set (4 bolts, washers, and nuts)

yournissanparts.com (New Jersey dealership) want $53 + shipping, but with a thenewx.org 10% discount.

When I told Brian (parts guys at yournissanparts.com) what Tom Wood Nissan wanted for these bolts, I thought he'd keel over on the phone from laughing so hard.

I'm not laughing. I think it's obscene that a dealership like Tom Wood and the other "locals" would take advantage of people by raping them so hard.

Quite simply, they've lost my business - which is ashame, since I was a good customer.

I ordered them from yournissanparts.com and will do so in the future.

unbelievable....

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, Brian is a good guy and I have been happy with every purchase from yournissanparts.com.

Recently I have been buying a lot of my stuff locally as Pittsburgh East Nissan sponsors the local club and we get the 10% discount.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
thats why they call it the steelership

also I just called my dealer and he said that the 06 xterra's have them...he looked them up and he stated the 06 picture shows that they come with them. Can someone here post a pic of where it would be...so I can take a look myself before I order mine.

My xterra was built in January of 06...does that change anything?

·
on line
576 Posts
miles said:

also I just called my dealer and he said that the 06 xterra's have them...he looked them up and he stated the 06 picture shows that they come with them. Can someone here post a pic of where it would be...so I can take a look myself before I order mine.

Well TSB was for models built after 8/15/2005, I guess that's when they ran out of cam bolts during assembly.
Here's a link to the TSB with the location of the cam bolt.
http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2005/NTB05-099.htm

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
miles said:
That should be "Stealership".

·
on line
2,077 Posts
miles said:

my 06 doesn't have them....not sure when it was built thou

·
on line
190 Posts
look on the driver side door jam. first line on the tag is date.

Mine was built 4/06. I don't know if it has the bolts because I don't know wtf I'm looking for. :tard:

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Delaware_X said:
look on the driver side door jam. first line on the tag is date.

Mine was built 4/06. I don't know if it has the bolts because I don't know wtf I'm looking for. :tard:
You don't have'em.
If it was built after August 2005 you don't have them. Unless you got it used then maybe someone already replaced... highly unlikely though.

Here's a pic in this thread: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3664&highlight=bolts

They hold the lower control arm on... see:

·
on line
190 Posts
Got ya. So I guess I need to get those when I do the lift?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts