Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bourbon Drivein Theatre in Paris KY opens this weekend. Taking the X for its first trip to the drivein.

My wife and I spend most Saturday nights at the drivein in the summer. The drivein was one of the factors that influenced the buying of the X instead of a FJ Cruiser. The X has better visibility and does not feel claustrophobic. :happy1:

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Passed with flying colors

One more item for the "Why XTerras Are Better Than FJ Cruisers list.

The X passed the drivein test with flying colors. Excellent visibility out of it and never once felt cramped. In the wife's Optima I have to get out and stretch every so often. How it would do at the drivein was one of the deciding factors in getting an X instead of a FJ Cruiser. When we were comparing them, the X with its so much bigger windshield and windows looked like it would offer a better view of the screen and it looked like it would a lot more comfortable to sit in during a double feature. And we were right.

How come you never see tests like this in Consumer Reports or Four Wheeler?

We have 3 driveins in easy driving distance. Ones is Paris and Winchester that never closed and one in Harrodsburg that closed a long time ago but reopened last year with new owners.

The Bourbon in Paris is the best. Has both original car speakers on poles and FM transmitter for sound. Great food in the consession stand. People arrive early and tailgate here. Pickups, SUVs, and minivans backed into the parking spots and grills set up with burgers, brats, and steaks grilling.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Lots of folks here at our local drive in don't even sit in their cars at all - They bring camp chairs etc. and have a bit of a tailgate party. Kinda fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts