Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The expense on our trucks is no joke when you begin to add up how much our rigs cost with all the goodies we add here and there. Up until about a week ago my finances were doing ok granted I was managing on workmans comp while the wife was working daily. Last week something shitty happened and now our finances have suffered pretty bad due to this issue, it looks like I'll prolly be stepping away for awhile and not doing a whole lot with the X. I also may be selling some parts to help fix this issue that has just happened, It's not for sure yet, the wife doesn't want me to sell the parts but we've got bigger problems that are happening and will only get bigger in the near future, I probably won't be on here as much but will drop in here and there...If I do decide to put the parts up for sale then TheNewX.org members will get first dibs and then the rest will go to ebay. I've got full shrockworks skids, sliders, 4 hella 500s, yakima rack and a bunch of other stuff...Well, everyone have fun wheeling and take care!

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Good luck with whatever it is. Most of us are probably way too close to the edge, and whatever's happening, it could be any of us next. I'm a teacher, and I know many of us are a paycheck or two away from real trouble.

We're all pulling for you. And if there's any way anyone here might be able to help, let us know.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
No prayers here but I hope everything works out for you.I think we`ve all been in tough spots before.You`ll pull through.Sounds like you`ve got a wonderful wife working with you.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
If you sell the stuff just make sure you give all these guys the same deal that i gave you.

On a lighter note... Sorry to hear things arent getting better. Tell that damn lawyer of yours to get on the ball and get you what you deserve. As far as a job, im still looking into it. As long as you can pass a physical fitness test you should be okay.

·
on line
432 Posts
Sorry to hear. Hope everything works out for you.

·
on line
704 Posts
Wow... This is quite common. I am sick of the news telling about the recession and how bad things will get only worse. I think that all of us should stay optimists and hang in there. Whatever you decide to do, remember that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

I am a member of many forums and this is becoming a common theme... Let's not give up.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the comments guys, i'm hoping that something positive will come along and help me out of this rut, i've been hitting up the local plasma centers for a few extra bucks to keep the finances from being hit to hard.

my situation : i've been on workmans comp for 11 months, i need to have reconstructive surgery in my left shoulder, my employer has been fighting it ( Walmart Distribution Center ) because the day i made a claim about my arm it was pain in my bicep, three days later i couldn't move my shoulder. In november the final court hearing happened, however, we've been waiting since december for the judge to make a decision, my employer the other day while i was at sexterras place told me walmart had revoked my workmans comp while we waited for the judge to make a decision, basically putting a complete hault on all my funds until something happens from the judge, it'll take 30-60 days to get a hearing to get my workmans comp reinstated, for the time being i've got family helping me now and the wife is working double over-time.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
I hate walmart. They have broken the laws so many times. didn't pay overtime and the like, no lunch. made ppl work off clock.

Brian, I hope for the best. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
contenderv07 said:
looks like I'm off to Target
Go to Costco. the lowest position still pays more than a manager at Walmart, and prices are still similar.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
I had no idea that Walmart was so cut throat. Hope everything works out for you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts