Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are a few pics from my first trip to Tahuya. This area was lots of fun.. plenty of puddles and narrow trails winding in and out of trees. The X seemed to be just short and narrow enough to keep a consistent line most of the day. There was one descent I avoided due to lack of sliders.. I gave it two attempts, both times leaning downhill on 3 wheels barely grazing my passenger door. I'm ok with recognize my stock and rookie limits, so I carefully backed out and found another route. Will be sure to get more pics next time (cause these aren't all that hot..too busy dodging trees I guess ;)

license plate waving hello after a puddle

my first "stuck" (yay!).. hit a stump/hole on my front driver's side and had just passed a stump on my rear passenger's side, so no traction either direction. A lift and/or some mud terrains would've come in handy

..it was also my first damage, but after a winch up and over, I popped out the bumper and it was as good as new (a bull bar is definitely on the wish list)

my cousin attacking a rock garden in his Sammy

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Your cousin looks like a little tipsy in that photo. Great pics man!

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Nice pic's.

·
on line
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys!

xterra3100 said:
Your cousin looks like a little tipsy in that photo. Great pics man!
I thought for sure he was going over .. wouldn't be the first time from what I'm told :D He actually made it up and over the whole pile, that little Samurai's got some balls!

·
on line
1,361 Posts
you might want to skip the bull bar as they are known to cause more damage. Get Schrocked instead

·
on line
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lostboy said:
Get Schrocked instead
yeah, that's a given.. like I have any other choice :D gotta start saving the pennies..

I think you may be thinking of brush guards.. they're the ones known to be "damage multipliers". Bull bars are the sturdy SOBs made by Shrockworks, ARB, etc.

·
on line
99 Posts
tahuya is a lot of fun, I drowned my horn in a similar puddle and managed to bend my plate as well, horn sounded like a dying goat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts