Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I've been a lurker here for quite some time now and figured I may as well start posting more since I'm on here anyways.
I got my Xterra about a year and a half ago from the dealership. I had my eyes on a couple of FJ Cruisers, but I finally settled on this one! I couldn't be happier with my pick!
However, my Xterra is a 2WD so there won't be much offroading. Just practical camping and outdoors activities for it.
So here is my slow slow build of my 2010 X:

Username: sylvesterthex
Year: 2010
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: X - 2WD
Color: Silver Lightning

Modifications:

Exterior:
Yakima LoadWarrior
Curt Hitch
Bumper mouth light bar (custom made)
Blacked out grille and lower grille
Plasti-dipped rear emblems
3' Firestik antenna on fangars' roof rail mount
PA speaker under the hood
Stickers
Bedlined Stock X Rims

Interior:
CB radio
Maglite mounted on driver's side of console
Digital thermometer
Boat compass in cup holder - Perfect fit
Bike Rack attached to cargo rails

Upcoming Mods:
???

Most Recent Picture:

Pictures:

Thanks for looking, and all comments are appreciated!
Lee

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Great lookin X man!

The grill blackout was prolly the best mod I have done so far. It completely changes the look of the X (For the better, of course). Honestly I think they shoulda come blacked out up front from the factory, but thats just me lol..

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
akinc said:
Love those silver X's!!!
I agree, can't wait to bedline the rims. That'll complete the look I think.

Great lookin X man!

The grill blackout was prolly the best mod I have done so far. It completely changes the look of the X (For the better, of course). Honestly I think they shoulda come blacked out up front from the factory, but thats just me lol..
Thanks man. Yeah it looks so much better than the stock silver color...It seems like it needs to be stock, because it looks like it belongs. Yours looks nice too, good job!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got 23 mpg on the way up to NC from Bama. Not too shabby! Ordering a hitch today, and going to buy the stuff needed to stealth the wheels. I'm going with duplicolor truck bed liner. Off to Nissan later to pick up the wire harness plug in for the hitch, if they have one in stock...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
36 Posts
Seen you driving around ttown many times. I'm the silver w/ blacked out emblems and black fire stick on the back. And usually a bike rack on there too
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
very cool.. love the painted grill.. and the lights are nice!!! Love to see the silver X's :)
thanks Glamis! Congrats on your t-swap, that thing looks unstoppable now!

blueridge said:
Seen you driving around ttown many times. I'm the silver w/ blacked out emblems and black fire stick on the back. And usually a bike rack on there too
Ah no way, I always wondered if you were on the forum. Awesome! We have a couple of guys from Ttown and Bham from the forum.
Do you go to alabama or just live in tuscaloosa?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'm back down in Alabama for the summer. Before I left NC I went ahead and bedlined my rims. Such a good choice. These things look awesome, so if anybody is on the fence about doing it...DO IT!

Also wired up my hitch, which will be put on at the end of the month (it is still up in NC, didn't get to my house before I left)
So I wired it so I could just mount it and not have to mess with any wires.
You can see the plug if you look close enough in this picture, it's on my bumper.
Also, found a tire and decided to see what it'd look like. Needless to say, it's not going to fit :iconbiggrin:
35'' with 22'' rims...a little too big for me

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, I turned 21 not too long ago and got a Yakima rack as a present. One problem, no crossbars. So, I bought some off Paulkucz and slapped 'em on my X.

Then came the time to put the Yak Rack on. Makes the X look so mean!

Finally, I got my hitch installed. After months of it sitting in my living room behind my couch, I got off my butt and asked a local oil change place to air ratchet the bolts loose. The rest went relatively smoothly:

So, now I'm not sure what to do next!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks good! since you're on a tight budget, how about a spacer and shackle/aal lift?
Well, it's not so much a budget thing...Dad doesn't love the idea of me messing with suspension and what not...
I actually have front spacers, just no rear lift yet. Waiting until I'm out of college for a lift.
Loving your X though man, good color choice.
Tossing around the idea of the raptor mod, but we'll see...

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Love those silver X's!!!
Agreed. I'm partial though. IMO, the only colors the 09+ Xterra looks good in is silver and knight armor. Silver matches the trim well and night armor matched the plastic trim. Although, I really do like the color Red Brick...

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I can't believe how much better those ugly silver X steel wheels look in black. They go from ugly base model looking to pretty damn good looking. This, coming from a guy who hates when people ruin stock alloys, especially PRO4X wheels, by painting them black...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't believe how much better those ugly silver X steel wheels look in black. They go from ugly base model looking to pretty damn good looking. This, coming from a guy who hates when people ruin stock alloys, especially PRO4X wheels, by painting them black...
Yeah I was hesitant to bedline them, but once I did I was so happy. It definitely makes the X look 100x better, and it stands out from all the Sorority X's on campus here...:violent1:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Updated the OP with a couple new pictures. I felt like it was about time to get those old pictures out of there. Not sure of any upcoming mods, other than the Alter Bridge sticker I just got in the mail the other day :iconbiggrin:
I also need to replace my right brake light, because that went out...somehow

1 - 20 of 24 Posts