Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: Well, I've tried to hold back on making a page for my truck simply because the more I look at the rest of the trucks out there, the more I want to spend money and build mine up! Well, the fun has begun. Bought the truck October 2014 with 44,000 miles on it. Little about me; this is my first vehicle I've ever performed any mods to - let alone do the mechanical work on my own. Living in a condo isn't very conducive to it. I'm hoping to do some mild to moderate wheeling in the future, however the truck is mainly used to explore and get my mountain bike to the trails. I'm looking forward to moving forward and learning more as I go and hearing everyone's input. Enjoy!

Username: SycoCell

Make: Nissan
Year: 2011
Model: Xterra
Trim: Pro-4X
Color: Night Armor

Trans: 5spd Automagic

MODS

Tires/Suspension:
-Radflo 2.5" Extended travel front coilovers with 600# Eibachs
-Radflo Emulsion rear shocks
-Alcan Custom 4" Leaf Pack (400lbs+)
-PRG U-Bolt Flip Kit
-Nisstec/Deaver rear Add-A-Leaf - BROKE/Removed
-PRG Adjustable Red Shackles - Removed
-285/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler MTRs
-Deleted rear sway bar
-Deleted front sway bar
-SPC UCA's
-NissTec Cam Bolts

Armor:
-P&P Engineering Level II Sliders
-ARB Red Diff Cover
-Hefty Fab front winch bumper
-Full Custom P&P Steel Skids

Drivetrain:
-Differential breather mod
-1.5" Wheel Spacers

Exterior:
-InSain Fab rear tire carrier
-Gobi ladder
-40" LightBar with Offroad Gorilla Mounts
-22" LightBar on front bumper
-2" Body Lift
-Dep Hep rack with extension
-Stealthed Pro-4x wheels with Dupicolor Bedliner
-Stealthed steps on stock rails with Dupicolor Bedliner
-Stealthed rear bumper plastics and plastic corner steps
-Stealthed front bumper pieces
-Removed front mud flaps
-Removed rear mud flaps
-35% tint on front windows to match rear
-Thule 2 bike hitch mount tray

Interior:
-Nissan all-weather mats
-Custom built wooden cargo drawer system
-CB radio with 3' FireStik
-"Joying" Chinese Navigation Head-unit (awesome)

Lights:
-LED interior overhead lights
-40" Cree Light Bar on roof
-22" Cree Light Bar on bumper
-2x rear Cubes in rear corners
-HID Headlights

Stereo:
-"Joying" (Chinese) Navigation Headunit - surprisingly awesome for $260

Future Mods:
-Save Money

http://s307.photobucket.com/user/SycoCell121/media/01DB08DB-304B-45E3-8CE4-75BF280588B3.jpg.html?filters[user]=73279280&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1
[URL=http://s307.photobucket.com/user/SycoCell121/media/DutchJohn.jpg.html]

[/URL]

PHOTOS

Bone Stock

The day after purchase in Uwharrie National Forest

Uwharrie Flexin![/COLOR

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I towed a 5x8 trailor packed with furniture and my life from az to idaho with the sway bar on, did great. Then did the reverse trip a year later, and didnt notice a thing. It handled great, and since you will be getting coilovers and an add a leaf, i doubt you will notice a thing.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Installed the new suspension/lift today! Pics to come when the sun comes back up! So far it yielded me 2.75" up front and 2.25" in the rear (after driving 70 miles home from my buddy's house). I am probably going to lower the preload on the front coils a bit in the morning. Seemed like it may have been topping out going over a few speed bumps tonight - Not positive if that's the bumping I felt/heard.. Originally the 5100's were set with a preload of about half - I raised it to 3/4 before install knowing that it's easier to lower the coil rather than raise it when it's installed.

Otherwise, I couldn't be happier with how it came out. Looks great! (I figure it will settle a bit) The drive is awesome!!! So smooth compared to the stock Bil's. I was originally worried the 600# springs will be a bit harsh without any aftermarket armor, but that was the furthest from true. I don't get that annoying wobble when you hit a pothole or bump on the front end that makes the truck feel like it's going to bounce off the road.

Considering getting new UCA's, dropping the preload on the coils pretty low, and installing the NissTec top spacers I have sitting around...Thoughts?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Installed the new suspension/lift today! Pics to come when the sun comes back up! So far it yielded me 2.75" up front and 2.25" in the rear (after driving 70 miles home from my buddy's house). I am probably going to lower the preload on the front coils a bit in the morning. Seemed like it may have been topping out going over a few speed bumps tonight - Not positive if that's the bumping I felt/heard.. Originally the 5100's were set with a preload of about half - I raised it to 3/4 before install knowing that it's easier to lower the coil rather than raise it when it's installed.

Otherwise, I couldn't be happier with how it came out. Looks great! (I figure it will settle a bit) The drive is awesome!!! So smooth compared to the stock Bil's. I was originally worried the 600# springs will be a bit harsh without any aftermarket armor, but that was the furthest from true. I don't get that annoying wobble when you hit a pothole or bump on the front end that makes the truck feel like it's going to bounce off the road.

Considering getting new UCA's, dropping the preload on the coils pretty low, and installing the NissTec top spacers I have sitting around...Thoughts?
Didn't you get the 0-2" bilsteins? Also, I thought you would have cbc for anything more than 2" of lift without UCAs. Weird that I think about 1/3 of the way up is the best ride. When I cranked mine up to around 2/3 I got air off of speedbumps. Anyways, I'm glad to see another lifted Xterra in the area. Today was actually the first time I've seen a lifted X besides mine in charlotte.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't you get the 0-2" bilsteins? Also, I thought you would have cbc for anything more than 2" of lift without UCAs. Weird that I think about 1/3 of the way up is the best ride. When I cranked mine up to around 2/3 I got air off of speedbumps. Anyways, I'm glad to see another lifted Xterra in the area. Today was actually the first time I've seen a lifted X besides mine in charlotte.
Yeah, I did get the 2" Bills on 600# Eibachs. If I ever decide to throw the top spacers in, I would definitely need new UCA's. Just a thought as of now..

I'm going to drop the front down to about 1/2 up and see what happens on speed bumps. Trial and error. I could be wrong about my speed bump assessment as it was dark out in the Harris Teeter parking lot. I can see how you would go airborne - I might have!! But nonetheless, I feel like it's topping the shock out. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Where in CLT are you? I'm in South Park - I MAY have seen you a few weeks ago on Sharon..

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah, I did get the 2" Bills on 600# Eibachs. If I ever decide to throw the top spacers in, I would definitely need new UCA's. Just a thought as of now..

I'm going to drop the front down to about 1/2 up and see what happens on speed bumps. Trial and error. I could be wrong about my speed bump assessment as it was dark out in the Harris Teeter parking lot. I can see how you would go airborne - I might have!! But nonetheless, I feel like it's topping the shock out. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Where in CLT are you? I'm in South Park - I MAY have seen you a few weeks ago on Sharon..
I'm in south Charlotte, so you probably did see me by South Park, I pass by there often. I guess I need a softer suspension considering I live on a gravel road and go down a horribly paved road every day. What I was more surprised about was your lift numbers. I have no before and after numbers, so I really have no idea how much lift I really have. I thought I had about 1" of lift in the front, but I may be off by a lot. Did you know if 2.25" was the number you're supposed to get out of the AAL, because I honestly thought I had less there too, but they could have flattened over time a bit.

Out of curiosity of how much lift I really have, how high is yours compared to this? I thought the top was slightly over 2" of lift, so I assumed I was around 1".

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Probably was you. It was a nice Pro-4x!

I'll get some photos in the morning of the location of my shock collar. But when they came from NissTec, they were at exactly halfway. I moved them up to 3/4. When I pulled the OEM front shocks out, I compared them side by side. It appeared that the 5100's were 1" longer. However, that was comparing the shocks with the stock 500# spring to the brand new 600# spring. So the sag when I lowered the front end back to the ground was VERY minimal compared to the stock OEM setup. The lack of sag in addition to the addition of 1"+ of overall shock length played a part in the height of the front.

Supposedly people say 1.5"-2.0" is what the AAL provides, however, my rear leaf pack wasn't worn out. It still had pretty good arch to it. So that could have helped. However, I'm sure it will settle a bit tonight - especially that I drove 70 miles to get home and still have my jacks/OEM parts/tools in my trunk. But I'll check it out in the morning. BTW, my rear 5100's I had NissTec set them for 2.0-2.5" of lift.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm looking into shackles now. Black or red? Anyone done the brake line extension mod or are you guys just flat out buying new lines? With new lines, are they plug and play, or is there messy work involved?

Also, going to put new UCA's on and add my 1.5" top mount up front while dialing down the bils. Should give me good height without sacrificing good ride. In theory at least..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts