Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most, if not all, of my driving is on-road and I've noticed that i seem to sway a lot. Has anyone upgraded to larger sway bars? My 240sx husband suggested them (since I know exactly squat about how cars tick). Does such a thing exist? I'm having a really hard time finding them if they are out there somewhere.

Thanks!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
The Timbren bump stops Mod will cure the problem, In suspensions area search.
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=452&highlight=timbren+bump+stops
Use the autozone $10 ones in front and save some cash. YOU can do this Mod and not break a nail! Impress the guys! Big difference, ratain factory set up it's just a bolt on Mod completed with even a small box of tools. MC

·
on line
1,479 Posts
I personaly love the feel of my X, I would never do that mode but You should definitely do it. Anything from MC is a great mod

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Yea I agree an OR model might not bottom out as much as the others and the better shocks have to help with that. Timbren Mod is for people who hual heavy and tow.

The reason I did the Timbrn is I also loved the original handling of my X after the tires, lift and removing the sway bar, the Timbren got it back.

But seriously guy even with all the weight I have added I can still take a ramp at Plus 50% of the posted speed and stick to it! SO even a good bit of performance over stock.

I think an X with no lift takes a different spacer for the rear.

Anyhow you are right. I did Timbren to bring it back to stock handling. After the lift, tires and sway bar removal.

·
on line
279 Posts
Not trying to be a dick, but how are you driving? A lot of people here remove the rear sway bar and have no complaints about swaying. Remember that the X has a high center of gravity and rollover is a possibility. If you are driving your X like you are supposed to, and still have a problem with swaying, I'd get the suspension components/alignment checked.

·
on line
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, he had come up with that suggestion within the first few days of having it. I'm coming from an accord. My husband drove it last night and decided that it's not as bad as we originally thought. I will look into the alignment though. Thanks for all the input!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
anrebel1 said:
yea, he had come up with that suggestion within the first few days of having it. I'm coming from an accord. My husband drove it last night and decided that it's not as bad as we originally thought. I will look into the alignment though. Thanks for all the input!
However, for 150 bucks if you add the timbren bumpstops, that will cure any roll/sway/lean you experience. When it get to the Timbren bumstop, it sets down on it and slowly squishes it. (Pictured in the Timbren Bumpstops thread) And I might add it adds a lot to the handling. But I have a Daystar Lift. I think some people did it on a stock X and there is a Timbren part for that. But I'd get the lifted part and just install without the spacer. MC

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Coming from driving an Accord, I'm not surprised you feel noticeable sway.
If it's really still a problem after you know the vehicle is fine, then like MC said, Timbrens will reduce that motion.
________
Fix ps3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts