Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey X guys I want to know how the sway bar bolts to the fram and how it mounts to the rear end. I'm looking to add one to my frontier and trying to see how yours is set up

Thanks drew.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I have one in garage you can have!

Edit:
The black arm with the 4 red dots is how the sway bar connects to the frame.

·
on line
463 Posts
There are tabs on the rear-end housing that the sway-bar bolts to, as well.
If you check the how-to section, you should see some pics of the tabs.

·
on line
975 Posts
Hey, Erick, brain or Brian? Yeah, I'm taking mine off Friday before we head out. What time are you expecting to make it up there? I thought that Nicole could get done early but she has a field trip or something. So odds are we wont be leaving until 4 or so.

·
on line
589 Posts
Thread jacker! :bom:

As far as when we are getting up there, I am leaving SD around 4-5, and I think Brian was going to Caravan up there. Couldn't get off work early, so I imagine we will all be arriving around similar times.

Sway bars, no problems without in my opinion. In fact I even took off the front one, which I have heard quite a lot of opinions about both ways; but wanted to judge it myself. I don't regret it, and have been driving without that for 4 months now without a single issue including some freeway speed emergency lane changes on account of other idiots on the road.

·
on line
631 Posts
been driving around without one for..... 2 weeks now :cheers:
slight notice in handling, but mine is lifted.. and it is an SUV so it doesn't bother me. its not road hugging cruiser, and i dont take corners doing 60 (maybe 45) haha. but i along with everyone else, take it off. or leave it off if its already off

·
on line
589 Posts
Actually I have a 3" lift on mine too, but I like the stiffness up front with the radflos that I really haven't felt the loss in handling with both the front and rear sways removed.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I decided to leave mine on, but it broke in the whoops and off-camber stuff on a steep trail last summer. The axle wanted to articulate more than the sway bar would allow, and it just cracked. So I took it off and left it off, and like the other guys I can't tell the diference. BTW, it was flimsy as hell.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
so if you remove the rear swaybar, will you get an increase in articulation? ive been hearing thats the case. anyone experience this? im planning on removing mine.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
That is the point of removing the rear swaybar.

With it on your axle can only move so much because the swaybar is physically attaching it to the frame. If you remove it, the axle can now move free.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
GREAT! thanks im gonna try it out on out next run. i just have to remember now that i dont have it on. oh well, its not like i take corners at 60mph anyways.

·
on line
853 Posts
Erick said:
Thread jacker! :bom:

As far as when we are getting up there, I am leaving SD around 4-5, and I think Brian was going to Caravan up there. Couldn't get off work early, so I imagine we will all be arriving around similar times.
You guys going someplace fun?

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Somewhere up in the Big Bear area.

On the topic of sway bars, I recently took both mine off and actually like how the vehicle handles now without them. I'm lifted too. The front end is very nice now. It's still responsive, just not choppy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts