Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing new end links after 2" spacer and shackle lift, how do they go in? During the install, I took the stock ones out, but didn't pay attention to which end was up. Not sure I put them back right, but they were shot anyway. On the new ones, one bolt is moveable and the other is not. Which one goes on top through the sway bar and which connects to the suspension?

·
Registered
79 Posts
which ones do you have?any pics.i used prg which you have to make the mount holes bigger in both sway bar and lower control mount.this takes removing the tires to have the angle needed with a half inch bit

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I removed the original factory links they had left and right printed on them with the words facing the front.You could see the words looking from the front of the vehicle.That being said,the nuts were: control arm facing the tire,the sway bar facing frontwards.Hope this helps

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it matter which end is up? As long as I get them on the right sides?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I still have the originals and did a comparison flipping them and they seem to be the same.When you mount the links into the control arm there is only one way the other end can fit into the swaybar.The link goes onto the a arm with the stud through the inside leaving the threaded part sticking out towards the tire

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I took the new ones and compared them to the stock ones, other than making sure that I had the right on the right and left on the left, there wasn't any difference. Installed them, torqued them to spec, and BAM! No more clunking while driving! Thanks for you help.

Now to install shackles and shims.

·
Registered
848 Posts
You don't need that sway bar :p I don't have front or rear sway bars.
I'm hesitant to remove it because I drive the highway every day with my daughter in the back.

Gregg, you can just do one side at a time by turning the wheels to the extreme left and right. It gives you enough room to get to the links.
Cool, thanks for your help! Hopefully I'll get to them this weekend. :icon_smile:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I'm hesitant to remove it because I drive the highway every day with my daughter in the back.
Cool, thanks for your help! Hopefully I'll get to them this weekend. :icon_smile:
I intend on coming up with some quick release links for front and rear as I would like to retain them for driving to the mountains all winter, but don't want to remove and re-install all the time...

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I intend on coming up with some quick release links for front and rear as I would like to retain them for driving to the mountains all winter, but don't want to remove and re-install all the time...
Hey Chris,
I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Let's talk about this tomorrow and see what we can come up with..
Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts