Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really jealous at the fact that Pathfinders have the built in window in the hatch of the their rides.

Is it possible to either install some kind of window in the hatch of the X or to swap it out?

I can't recall if this has ever been asked but I am noticing big brother cracking down on asking repetitive questions so if it has been all ready posted, my bad!

·
on line
36 Posts
I can tell you for certain that that hatch dimensions are different. I had the same thought you did. It would be really handy to be able to open just the rear window. I think that is really the only thing I would change on my X if I could.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Making the rear window open would be really hard, especially with the rear wiper)

I have been thinking about asking around and seeing if someone could make manual latches for the rear side windows so they can be opened like a minivan. The venting would be a lot nicer then and you would be able to wind down the front windows without getting the pressure problem.

·
on line
47 Posts
I was surprised that the rear window did not open too. It was essesntial to getting into the back of our Pathfinder when the trailer was hooked up due to the rear tire. However we happily discovered that we can open the whole back hatch door when hooked up, and I beleive that is going to come in very handy.

·
on line
82 Posts
I'm sure there is no economical way to do it, but if there was a way to make the back window roll up and down, that would be ideal. Let some air move through the cab and easier access to the back. If someone finds a way to mod and do this. Please let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts