Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered my Firestone air ride kit from them. 8 days later (6 business days) I had not received anything from them. I called them only to find out they that item is shipping from Firestone and it is back ordered 2 more weeks.

It was the day after i ordered that i received a second email from them confirming order and giving me a 3-8 business day delivery estimate. Can't see how they gave a delivery estimate when they were not the ones even shipping and they had no info on my order. They called Firestone to get a status and then called me back 8 days after they took my money. Can't say i would recommend them just based on their business practice. I am a big fan of online companies that wont charge until item is shipped.

Now i have to hope that the estimate of shipping the back order on 8/31 is accurate. I should have paid the extra $15-$20 to get it from amazon or one of the sites recommended to me on here.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I bought something on backorder a while ago from a different site (trying to save a buck buying online). After about a month, I called back and it was still on backorder and the estimate had been bumped out 4 more MONTHS!

I went to a local store, found the item on the shelf, bought it for 10% more than online, then cancelled my online order.

It's for this reason I don't like shopping online. Too many companies list things for sale they don't even have, then it takes forever to get them. The way I look at it, if it can't ship within a day, I'm not going to buy it. Online companies need to get their acts together and STOCK items they have for sale.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So my 3-8 day delivery confirmation after placing the order and taking my is out the window.
21 days later after i emailed several times they are now telling me they are back ordered until October 14th.

Debating on what to do. If i paypal refund it will probably take 10 business days. then order from someone else, wait for shipping etc. In the end i'm out another month. at best maybe two weeks earlier than these lying a$$holes. Then again these lying a$$holes have pushed me back on 1 promised back order date already (8/30)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts