Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Suspension upgrade. Ladder install. "PHOTO UPDATE&quot

12K views 84 replies 24 participants last post by  norshor 
#1 ·
Hey, it cost alot of cash, so im calling it a g damn project! Im currently waiting on my new upper control arms, radflows, shackles, shocks, and bump stops. Im also going to be installing the Gobi Ladder. Ill attempt to do a how to for all of them with a little more detail. And also provide before and after measurements and ride quality/impressions. Ill be taking the top gun spacers out and im still unsure of wether or not i want to upgrade to a full set of deavers or leave in the mini pack.

#9 ·
Hey, pansy pants (yeah you mark). How about this deal. Ill give you my old tires and drive them up to where you live.... One catch though.

You have to trade rear bumpers with me. You dont need that dam tire carrier with 33" tires :cheers: Mine is the shrock one without tire carrier.

You know you want some free tires!!! Plus i will help you install all of your new suspension parts!

What do you think???? :thumbleft: :thumbright: Yes!! Cool, I will be there in early January!

#14 ·
Well, six hours later and the front end is on, with no issues or trouble........kinda scared me i didnt have any problems. Ill do the shackles tomorrow, yippee i know.

What i want to know is this. How EXACTLY do you turn up the radflows in the front end? I know i have to use the special "tool" that came with them, but does any one have some exact directions?

#16 ·
Well g. damn. Some bolt removers later, and im finally done. I came back into my place and bent over to untie my shoes and the dog was so excited that she jumped up as i bent over and smashed my head. I have have a large lump, thanks dog. So im going to take her to the park, snap some of the usual photos we all post of the same stuff we have seen posted a million times. But first, here is a photo of dinner, just after the lift was done.

Tammy can still leap into the bac k of the X with no trouble.

One more beer.

#18 ·
Looks good.... your tires are starting to look smaller and smaller... but still looks nice. Where are the pics of the ladder?? your title says you have a ladder... you are a LIAR!! You hear that... LIAR!! now go put a damn ladder on your truck, I dont care if you have to go to Home depot and put a step stool on that thing.... I want steps! :laughing3:

Just messing man... looks great!

#20 ·
Actually, it rides alot stiffer than it did with the top gun spacers and only the deavers. But now that the shackles lifted the rear i can tell i have stiffer rear shocks. And the front doesnt compare. I actually like the stiffer front end. So id say it doesnt ride like it was stock. But it still has a great ride.

And the f -ing ladder should come this week along with the new lift gate shocks.

#22 ·
WOOOOOOOOOOO! No outside for me. I live in an apartment, but i have my own garage, and its actually really big. So i have all my crap in there. Free electricity as well. The apt complex fix-it-guy showed me a plug in the cieling i could use, no charge to my apt. So i actually was pretty warm. Last night i feel bad for the people who share a wall wtih my garage, i busted out the sawzal for the uca bolt. But it went quick. Reason i live on the third/top floor. I want to be the a-hole making the noise.

Im on the fence about new tires. I could go out and buy 5 new tires of a bigger size right now. But do i really need to? Nahhhhhhhh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.