Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been doing a lot of research and am not really able to find the answer for my question. Money is not a problem for determining my setup, it comes down to about $1500 difference between going with the TS vs staying with the stock Diff (SAW's and m205 Differential), but what is the determining factors are that I don't need a crazy amount of travel and I want to maintain an as near-stock ride quality on road as possible. Let me tell you the goal, then let me tell you my proposed setup.

Current Setup
2" Ebay Spacer
2" PRG AAL
2" Body Lift
1.5" Wheel Spacers

Basically, I'd like to have a comfortable daily driver but a capable off-road vehicle. I would like 3" of suspension lift with 2" of body lift and 33's for my daily driving, and 35's for my weekend warrior situations. I understand the 3.69 gears may not be ideal with 35's, so I'm hoping that RR will offer at least 4.10's for the r180a so I can step up to those, but that is a big unknown. I'd be happy running 33's for DD and trails, but would prefer 35's for the trails.

Goal
3" Suspension Lift without limiting down travel (comfortable ride)
2" Body Lift
33's DD (Daily Driver)
35's WW (weekend Warrior)

Proposed Setup Front Suspension
Radflo Extended Travel set to 1" or Nisstec Option set to 1"
2" Ebay Spacer
PRG UCA's

Proposed Setup Rear Suspension
2" PRG AAL
Rear Bilstein 5100
Shackle set to minimize rack

My questions are:
Will this generate TOO much down travel and cause binding? I'm confident this is the best way to get the 3" suspension lift to maintain more comfortable driveability while still offering good performance off-road. Is the 2" spacer and 1" on the Shocks going to cause too much down/up travel on the trails that I risk destroying parts?

Anyone familiar with a similar setup that can offer any insight would be appreciated. Also, theoretical insight is welcome too.

Sn0

·
Registered
284 Posts
What is your budget or what will this cost. 3" is hard i bought the PRG advance kit w/2.5 radflos and get about 2.5" in front and about 3.5" in the rear with the AAL and shackles set in the middle hole. Any higher and i'll get coil bucket contact. If your going to 33 you'll get a inch from those too. My kit is still useable in the TS just need a spacer for the front.

The setup you mention seem sdoable not i'm not sure if it's worth it in the long run. Good luck. sorry not much help!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My budget isn't in question. It's more of "Am I going to get the benefit from the TS that I can't get from the Xterra setup?" kind of a situation.

Basically, I'd like to have a comfortable daily driver but a capable off-road vehicle. I would like 3" of suspension lift with 2" of body lift and 33's for my daily driving, and 35's for my weekend warrior situations. I understand the 3.69 gears may not be ideal with 35's, so I'm hoping that RR will offer at least 4.10's for the r180a so I can step up to those, but that is a big unknown. I'd be happy running 33's for DD and trails, but would prefer 35's for the trails.

What I've been finding out is, if I want to change the setup from Xterra front end to the TS, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. BUT, the million dollar question is, Is the 2" spacer and 1" on the Shocks going to cause too much down/up travel on the trails that I risk destroying parts?

Sn0

·
Registered
201 Posts
My budget isn't in question. It's more of "Am I going to get the benefit from the TS that I can't get from the Xterra setup?" kind of a situation.

What I've been finding out is, if I want to change the setup from Xterra front end to the TS, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. BUT, the million dollar question is, Is the 2" spacer and 1" on the Shocks going to cause too much down/up travel on the trails that I risk destroying parts?

Sn0
Sn0, I am just a noobie like you but from my understanding coil spacers will definitely make you more prone to CB contact. The TS will not change this. On the other hand a TS will allow more droop for the same amount of shock travel.

What I do not know is this and maybe it will help answer some questions for you too:

Will a coilover @ 3" lift have the same CB contact as a coilover @ 1" + 2" spacer?

Hopefully the experts will chime in because I plan on running 35's also. I have a feeling PRG upper arms will be a nessecity.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
425 Posts
I am going with a similar set up - here is what I am doing...

FRONT -
Radflo 2.0 coilover
PRG spacer - ?"
SPC UCA's
2005 LCA's
PRG cam bolts

REAR -
Deaver 2" AAL
PRG Adjustable Shackle
Radflo 3" Rear Emulsion Shocks
PRG shims

My questions/concerns are similar to yours. I am undecided on what size spacer to use for optimum ride quality both on and offroad but over all am am lookng for a 3" suspension lift so I am thinking of setting the radflos at 1" and using 2" spacers. I am not concerned about coilbucket contact with the SPC UCAs but I am concerned about too much downward travel and binding/part damage. If that is an issue I am thinking I set the radflos at 2" and use a 1" spacer and hopefully that will limit the downward travel enough to not cause any issues. I am thinking the best bet is just to contact Greg at PRG or maybe call Nisstec and get there opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts