Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WILL BE LIFTING MY X OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, AND REALLY JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POINTERS AS FAR AS PROBLEMS TO AVOID OR ANY OTHER USEFUL INFO. ANYONE CARES TO PROVIDE...

THE LIFT WILL CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING:

FRONT- AC COILS, & PRG 3" SPACER AND BUMP STOPS. WILL ALSO HAVE TC UCA's WITHIN 2 MONTHS, AND EVENTUALLY REPLACE COILS
W/ RADFLO COILOVERS & UPGRADE TO TIMBREN BUMPS.

REAR- AC 2.5" ADD A LEAF (EVENTUALLY 3 LEAF PACK), AC 1.5"
SHACKLES, AND WITHIN A COUPLE OF MONTHS SOME NEW REAR
SHOCKS. ANY GOOD (MODERATELY PRICED) SHOCK SUGGEST-
IONS? AND OR VALVING SUGGESTIONS FOR MODERATE TO
SOMEWHAT HEAVY WHEELING?

i WILL ALSO BE DOING THE EXT. LINES AND CAMBER KIT!

tHANKS IN ADVANCE, R R X

·
on line
1,320 Posts
for the rear shocks i'd go with the bilstein 5125 from PRG... he has them valved for the X.

Ya might see about getting this moved to the Suspension section to get more feedback

--m

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Your CV's will just fall out without dropping the front diff.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
DanielD said:
AC Coils AND 3" spacers??? dont go over any potholes.
holy crap, i didn't even notice that the first read.
It's been tried and won't work! the uca won't be close... it will actually be on the coil coil bucket and bye bye cv's

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Dude you cant run the AC coils with the 3" prg spacer.... I may have read that wrong but if that is what you oplan on doing...... stop now. You have to go with one or the other... I would suggest going with PRG's stuff but that is just me!!

If you want to buy some shocks that will go in the rear for CHEAP. I am going to be selling my rancho 9000 9 way adjustable shocks (for 1.5-3" of lift). Like I said they will be going for cheap, but I am out of the country untill July 6th, so they wont be for sale untill then. Shoot me a PM if you want me to save them for ya.

·
on line
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
suspension mods

So even with the TC uca's the spacer and spring will not work? I may be mistaken but, I thought I read that TC UCA's were designed to work with spacers, and have no bucket bump at the same time! Well I dunno. guess I better do some more home work, huh? Thought I had it all figured out! I really feel like an ass now. Thanks for the info though. Glad I did not make that mistake prior. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts