Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this be a good combonation. PRG 3" spacers with TC UCA's with Calmini AAL and Shackles with Bilstein shocks.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
yes.

You will need extended brake lines in the rear.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
sounds like a good setup, i just got off the phone with greg a little bit ago...

order the 2" radflos with deavers and bilsteins for the rear....couldn't beat the price, i was almost shocked!

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wondering if you had the chance to install your lift yet. Would like to see pictures of the truck with the lift.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
at this point it time it's still sitting in a box in my garage....i'm in texas till the early a.m. hours tomorrow, but i just received word my new tires arrived at my house yesterday....i'm just waiting on the new brake lines from A.C.....and some time off work to get it installed and over to the tire and alignment shop!.....but you will certainly see pics when i get it installed

and on that note, the parts look incredible, the radflos, and bils looks and feel top of the line, the deavers are strong as anything!

·
on line
2,077 Posts
ok.....after 11, yes 11 hours of straight work, the lift is finally on!...well, i forgot to put in the camber bolts and i haven't done the break lines yet thou, so close enough.

i'll get pics up tomorrow sometime, i'm gonna call ntb in the morning and see if they can fit me in for the tires and alignment before i have to be at work in the afternoon

initial impressions.........get your hands on some air tools my hands are in pain after torqueing and untorqueing bolts all day.....plus it took forever to break the hold on some bolts....i really could have used an impact wrench...

the deavers....well, the first one was a real pain in the you know what, but the second one when on easy and lined right up with the help of a ratchet strap

shackles, pretty easy too, i used the jack that comes in the X to press down on the leaf from the body to push it down to get the new shackles in.

bils were easy to install, just a matter of lifting the rear axel a bit to align the holes

radflos, again, easy to install, very straight forward

the how-tos on this website will become your friends!!...i used the one for AC coils install to figure out how to get the spindle out of the control arm....and the AAL install and shackle install to make sure i had everything right

while i was in there i also did a little melt mod action for the new tires, and removed the rear sway bar....but after a quick run around the block i may end up putting it back on, another day or so will tell.

ok, that's my summary of the lift install to give you an idea of what to look foward to, pics will come very soon!

·
on line
2,077 Posts
ok, picture time!!!!!

but first....the details......driveline vibration from 30-40 mph....gonna need some axel shims....note to self, call greg monday

and a question for those of you who may know.....will driving around a lot with the vibration cause and damage...this is my daily driver and i drive from 60-80 miles every day....should i worry about anything??

second.....NTB did the tires and alignment....tires no issues, look good....alignment.....the guy showed me the readings and noted the camber, while it was a little off, it was not in the red, also, both sides were even!...what the heck, right??...so we decided to leave it and not worry about putting in the camber bolts....he said i should start to see some wear on the outside edges around 20k miles, but i was ok with that...and, if i start to notice some problems i can bring it back, they'll put in the bolts and re-do the alignment (alignment part would be free of charge)

caster was off, and toes was waaaayyyy off...they adjusted both of those spec.....tires still toe in slightly, but i think they did before the lift too, so i'm not worried

i also had them torque the suspension one last time.

oh, and the truck now sits around 80" at the top of the roof rack

pictures!!!!

Durango Radial Mud Terrains, 255/85.......they look kinda small don't they??

so for those of you thinking about this lift, i'm pretty happy with it, soon as i get rid of the vibrations it'll be perfect....oh yeah, and put on the new brake line too...., but that for another day!

sorry for the driveway pics....i gotta go to work in a few hours, no time to get it dirty and cleaned again.

·
on line
48 Posts
Looks awesome :) I would get those shims asap. So you got radflows, deavers, shackles, and bilstein rears right?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You can get away with the vibrations for a while, but I wouldn't leave it that way, you will eventually wear out the drive shaft joints (it's vibrating because they are binding slightly).

But I agree, I think Greg needs to just up the price of the Deavers a bit and supply the shims so you don't have to do the work twice.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i agree muz...

tires are a little noisy, but nothing the stereo can't drown out, you can feel them a little too, but i think that may have a little more to do with the vibrations and the stiff suspension.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts