Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howzit, I have finally come to a point where I am contempt with my xterra's suspension and lift. My suspension as follows: 3" PRG 750 coilovers, TC uca's, Calmini aal's, Pro-Comp MX-6 shocks, and PRG shackles. I am sitting at around 37 1/4" up front (3" over stock) and 39 3/4" out back (4 3/4" over stock) measured from ground to wheel well with lift and 255's.

PRG coilover installed.

Max droop.

PRG shackle install was super easy.

Front side shot.

Rear side shot.

Ground clearance view.

I adjusted the coilovers to measure 1 1/4" of thread from the top of the bottom mount to the bottom of the coil locking nut.

Leaves me with around 3/4" between uca bump stop and coil bucket.

I might adust the coil up another 1/4", but I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice the droop.

* Where do you folks with the 3" coilovers and uca's have yours ones adjusted at? IE. What's your measurement of thread from the top of the bottom mount to the bottom of the coil locking nut?

* Those of you with shrock front bumpers, 255's, and same front lift what are you measuring from ground to wheel well?

This lift cost me around $1650 w/o shipping. I am 100% satisfied with the handling on and offroad, the amount of lift and load capacity gained, and the asthetic appearance of the suspension components and of my xterra with this lift.
Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
628 Posts
Creek said:
mcampana said:
Thanks south. I bet you chumps ill getit off with out cutting it!
i'm almost tempted to put money on that. there's really no way to get it out without either cutting it out or removing the steering shaft.
Is it really that hard to remove that steering shaft? I haven't looked at it that well, but it seems as though it is several pieces clamped together.

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Howzit, mcampana Here is a picture of the uca bolt that you cut to remove the driver side uca.

A sawzall would have been a lot easier. This hacksaw was a major pain in the butt.

OregonX I keep my rear sway bar on when when I'm not offroad to help minimize the sway effect at high speeds on the freeway. This is my daily driver and for me I can definitely feel the differance when removed. I don't mind taking it on and off. The front sway bar I don't think I would ever remove it. My preference.
Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Thanks r the photo nalu. Who the hell put that bolt in there at the factory?! I thought the head would have been at the other side. Oh well. Guess i have to borrow a frigging sawzal. I dont feel like destorying my back with the hack saw. I threw my back out the other night at work. So ill be ahlf crippled doing my install.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
The weird part is that the Titan's use basically the exact same mount and dimensions but the bolt is installed from th eother side on all Titan's and doesnt need to be cut. Someone needs to email the powers-that-be at Nissan and have the offical bolt installer make the needed change for us modifing types. Also strange is that the Frontier/Xterra use the uca bolt as the Titan but a different nut 17mm wrench vs 19mm (Titan is smaller). Go figure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts