Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You're better suited to post in your regional section to see if anyone can help you with the install. It is really straight forward, but may seem very involved. In the end youll be happier that you saved the money AND have the wrenching knowledge on your vehicle. If you can do the front end suspension you pretty much cover anything from brake replacement to wheel hub bearings with the major pieces you need to work around.

Best of luck and congrats on the purchase! Happy modding!

·
on line
1,420 Posts
^ the confusion comes from the fact that the alignment tech only adjust and works on the front end (via the camber bolts at the lower control arm of the front)......but technically its called a "thrust angle alignment" meaning, the alignment tech MUST install sensors on the REAR wheels to then match and laser align/get the front wheels into spec in "RELATION TO" the rear wheels.

its not like he just ignores the rears all together. but physically no wrenching is done on the rear.

-j

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ok, change in plans possibly.

Before I wanted to keep everything under $750 including install.

Now I have $1500 to spend including cost of install. Keeping in that budget, what should I change and get instead? If anything at all.

Tgc

·
Registered
351 Posts
I spent 1500 on a set of coilovers, spc uca and prg deaver aal. Installing myself. It isnt hard. Basic handtools and minimal knowledge needed

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
This is pushing my budget somewhat... but won't be so bad if someone will help me in January on Mod day.. (BBQ and Beer)

http://nissteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=58998&category_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

I would do it with the Nisstec/Deaver 2" AAL
5100 Ext Travel Bilsteins (2-2.5"lift)
Front cam bolt kit
Radflow 2.0"
600 standard coilover

If I did that... then is there anything else I need? This will give me a 2" lift on my X too at the same time right?

Thanks

TGC

·
TNX Veteran
4,178 Posts
If I might make a suggestion....

If you really want a 2" lift in the rear get the shackles (you can adjust them as you leaf pack flatens). And if you really want it to last get the Alcan's....
Go for the 2.5 Radflo front's and some remote res rear shocks. They'll last longer and in the end be cheaper.

It's a S**t ton of $$$, but you'll only do it once.... or not again for 10 years, instead of 2 like I did.

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
Or you get a cheap 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, full skids and sliders and go wheeling. If you love it, great, upgrade later to fit your needs/wants and you won't have wasted much money. Had I done that, I probably would have titan swapped soon after and saved a ton of money (rather than do the typical stock width radflo, uca, new rear spring pack lift).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Or you get a cheap 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, full skids and sliders and go wheeling. If you love it, great, upgrade later to fit your needs/wants and you won't have wasted much money. Had I done that, I probably would have titan swapped soon after and saved a ton of money (rather than do the typical stock width radflo, uca, new rear spring pack lift).

well I do have full skids already, and sliders are on order. Bumpers on order as well with winch.

So I have about $1500-$2000 left of my "play" money to put into suspension/lift.

What I would like, is get my 2" lift, be able to pull a 3500lb trailer sometimes, decent street performance. Occasional rock crawling, with decent high speed dirt road performance (Think slower Baja).

I know that might be asking for to much. LOL

TGC

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
Ahh. I have to admit I didn't read the entire thread. That's a very similar list of goals as I had and I'm happy overall with my setup.

600 lb Radflo's up front with spc uca's and cam bolts. OME hd rear leafs ("upgraded" from lt/med) PRG shackles and bilstein 5100's. Handles towing very well and also does very well offroad.

If I did it all over again for my original needs, I would have done Alcans instead. The OME hd rides really well with ~200 lbs + in the back, but like a covered wagon when empty (skids/sliders still on). It's a pretty horrible ride in the back for dd. OME lt/med was a great ride and I still never bottomed out with them.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Ahh. I have to admit I didn't read the entire thread. That's a very similar list of goals as I had and I'm happy overall with my setup.

600 lb Radflo's up front with spc uca's and cam bolts. OME hd rear leafs ("upgraded" from lt/med) PRG shackles and bilstein 5100's. Handles towing very well and also does very well offroad.

If I did it all over again for my original needs, I would have done Alcans instead. The OME hd rides really well with ~200 lbs + in the back, but like a covered wagon when empty (skids/sliders still on). It's a pretty horrible ride in the back for dd. OME lt/med was a great ride and I still never bottomed out with them.
Well the new system that I was looking at:
http://nissteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=58998&category_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

Has Radflow 2.0's with 600lb springs for the front...
spc uca's
Bilstein 5100's for the back. upgrade from our pro-4x's 4600's
and the nistec/deaver 2" AAL

So your saying spend the extra 380 bucks for : OME CS061R 1.5-2 inch Lift Leaf Pack?

TGC

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
If your leafs are in decent shape, I'd save the money and do an aal like what is in the kit. Wait till your leafs are shot to address them.

well my left leaf was shot, has a nice little chip in it from a 45 that ricocheted. LOL Long story. Thankfully no one was hurt.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts