Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say that I am a newbie on this stuff, but I am in the planning stages to purchase a lift for a second generation X. I would like advise on the parts for the lift and what tires to fit on the rims. My hope is to get a 2" lift and to fit the largest tire I can to get the X to look a little meaner without extreme modifications. I don't really plan on off roading much. The last question is in regards to spacers would they be needed for these rims. Thanks in advance for your help and forgive my lack of knowledge.

Lift:
PRG Radflo 2.0 and SPC UCAs
PRG Cam Bolts
PRG Ubolt Flip Kit
PRG Variable Height Shackles
PRG 2" Deaver Leaf Spring Kit
PRG Rear Emulsion Shocks

Rims:
16" ATX AX195 Cornice

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
First let me say that I am a newbie on this stuff, but I am in the planning stages to purchase a lift for a second generation X. I would like advise on the parts for the lift and what tires to fit on the rims. My hope is to get a 2" lift and to fit the largest tire I can to get the X to look a little meaner without extreme modifications. I don't really plan on off roading much. The last question is in regards to spacers would they be needed for these rims. Thanks in advance for your help and forgive my lack of knowledge.

Lift:
PRG Radflo 2.0 and SPC UCAs
PRG Cam Bolts
PRG Ubolt Flip Kit
PRG Variable Height Shackles
PRG 2" Deaver Leaf Spring Kit
PRG Rear Emulsion Shocks

Rims:
16" ATX AX195 Cornice
With all the stuff you've pointed out being from Greg at PRG, maybe you should give him a call. He'll definitely sell you all that you need.

As far as the rims, I have no idea.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you want 2" of lift all around, you wont need both the shackles and the leafs. For tires, you're best choice is probably going to be 285/75R16, but you could also fit similar size tires like 305/70R16 with some modification. I'm not sure about whether wheel spacers are necessary or not with those specific wheels, it looks like the only size is 16"x9 with -12mm offset. Also, if you're not going to off road, you won't need the Ubolt flip, unless you want it for the looks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will the leafs provide a better ride? Also what modifications would be needed to fit 305/70R16 tires?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Ditch the Cam Bolts. The UCAs have adjustment so you don't need them.

If you plan on going kinda fast on rough roads skip the emulsion shocks (they overheat faster) and upgrade to any Internal Floating Piston (IFP) design, some can be had for cheaper.

Try the 295/75/16 (33.6" dia) Hankook DynaPro MTs. A little bigger than the popular 285/75/16 but without the major compromises of 35"s.

For cheap tires that are awesome off road but have a reputation for wearing quickly:
Interco Super Swamper IROC Non-Directional
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=110289

1 - 5 of 5 Posts