Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the MB Predators/ Nitto 285/60/18`s this morning, 35 psi looked to low, so I air them to 40 psi? that`s another question???
anyways after installing all 4 wheels/tires, torqued lugs and headed out for breakfast, There is NO TPMS light, yes it comes on when you forst start truck and goes out as usual, even on the return ride home, no light, what gives??? I thought I would see the light (lol), I guess this is a bonus, aftermarket wheels and no light, huh???...PR...

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Ahhh larger tires require more air pressure. I don't know the formula but BFG tech dept. gave me figure of 42 PSI for my 285 75 16s.
The light will come on, just no audible warning. Then it goes off and on and off and on whenever it feels like checking for the sensors I guess. Mine been out for a week now. But it will be back on, I carry a wad of clay and post it on top of it when It bugs me.
And did you post a picture of them wheels and tires that are 5 Lbs lighter than mine? Weighing in at 78 lbs right? MC

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well 155 miles and still no light!...PR...

I thought the system self checks with every start up???

·
on line
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it was just a matter of time, the light finally came on 572 miles later...bummer...PR...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts