Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
901 - 920 of 933 Posts
Discussion starter · #902 ·
I'm still a little pissed Redline botched the stitch job on my shift boot but I'll probably be ordering the console cover. Did you have to glue it in place? If yes what did you use?
Sorry to hear that man. My console cover is well made and I’m happy with it. Came 2 weeks sooner than expected too.

I stretched it straight and smoooth and used 1/4” T50 staples and a staple gun all around the inside to get it aligned and fastened just right.

Dude, that swanky seat upholstery is gonna McFly you from 2005 to 2020!

A whole New X!
Ha! That’s exactly what it feels like. Almost like buying a new truck but without the monthly payments.

Discussion starter · #905 ·
Did not get it all done. Will have to finish some of the rear seat next weekend.

Front is nice though. Heaters work, leather is soft and smells great. Feels like a whole new truck!

Old:

Versus new:

Did not get it all done. Will have to finish some of the rear seat next weekend.

Front is nice though. Heaters work, leather is soft and smells great. Feels like a whole new truck!

Old:

Versus new:

This looks awesome. So what is the process for putting these on? They look almost like the custom fitted covers that go over your current seat. While the leather in the X is still good I need to address the cracked and aged leather seats in the Landcruiser.

Discussion starter · #907 ·
This looks awesome. So what is the process for putting these on? They look almost like the custom fitted covers that go over your current seat. While the leather in the X is still good I need to address the cracked and aged leather seats in the Landcruiser.
It’s full replacement upholstery. I’ll be making a dedicated thread about it all later in a few weeks, but short answer is full seat dissably and lots of hog rings.

Thanks guys. Drive to work this morning was so nice. The smell of leather. Wonderful. :)
Nice work converting those seats! Are you still able to fold flat the passenger front? That's the only thing I didn't like about buying my '15 with leather, was not having a fold flat front :( But leather is soooo nice with the heated seats. And super easy to clean compared to cloth ;)

Discussion starter · #913 ·
Nice work converting those seats! Are you still able to fold flat the passenger front? That's the only thing I didn't like about buying my '15 with leather, was not having a fold flat front :( But leather is soooo nice with the heated seats. And super easy to clean compared to cloth ;)
Yup. Fully functioning fold flat seat, with leather and seat heaters on both bottom and back. Wasn’t a possible combo to order stock, but I have it now. :)

Hey @Surf and Snow, have you had any problems with your light cage & lights getting overly-caught on branches on any local trails? I ram through a lot of low hanging trees on any average day, so I am curious if your light cage has ever caused any issues around here.

Discussion starter · #916 ·
Hey @Surf and Snow, have you had any problems with your light cage & lights getting overly-caught on branches on any local trails? I ram through a lot of low hanging trees on any average day, so I am curious if your light cage has ever caused any issues around here.
Nope. No issues.

Discussion starter · #917 ·
~153,000

This week:

Weds: Replaced rear brakes with Centric posi-quiet.
Thurs: AC system failed, blew a leak. Pretty sure the evaporator core sprung a leak. So FML as thats pulling the whole dash and like an entire weekend, even worse due to all my additional switched and wiring.
Fri: oil pressure sending unit failed.

ugggggg...

Apparently as soon as you hit 150k the truck starts turning into even more of a money pit.

Discussion starter · #919 ·
That sucks, guess Murphy says you've gotta put a heater core in at the same time too.
Probably a smart call if the whole dash is coming out.

Yikes sorry to hear, I guess the bright side is these things always come in 3's so I'd say you're good for a while. How did the oil pressure sending unit fail? Was it pegged on the gauge or just not reading pressure? Hope the the AC repair won't be to bad...

901 - 920 of 933 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.