Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to Superior again today. They say that they were able go get their hands on the rear axle from a Pathfinder (what? Are they really gonna go after that market?) But, no R&P from the R180.

Here's the bottom line. I realize that there are only a couple of guys on this board who actually have a spare R180 just laying around. But if you would be willing to pull out the R&P gears and the carrier and ship them to Superior, I'm sure there would be some incentive in it for you down the road. I have no idea what kind of a time frame we're looking at.

PM me if you need any more info. Thanks.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
PM cornick he has a spare front and rear diffs laying around. The rear is not the d44.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
It's amazing what trouble extra parts can get you in to. :)

·
on line
2,459 Posts
I haven't heard anything.

But what exactly do you need?

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cornick said:
I haven't heard anything.

But what exactly do you need?
Any chance you want to remove the ring gear, pinion and carrier housing from your R180? They (Superior) don't need the carrier internals. If you're willing to, I'll call up Superior and confirm that the address listed on the website is where it should be shipped.

I'd be willing to cough up some money for shipping...

·
on line
2,459 Posts
I'd have to look at it. Honestly I don't even know how to take it apart.

You don't need to cough anything up for shipping. But I would expect them to pay for it.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cornick said:
I'd have to look at it. Honestly I don't even know how to take it apart.

You don't need to cough anything up for shipping. But I would expect them to pay for it.
They're not going to pay for shipping. I bet I could get them to agree to send you a free gearset when it's all said and done.

I think I could also send you a link that might help you with disassembly...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts