Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I wanted to post this so you hear it first!!!! (mcampana aready knows)

I will be saving money for a supercharger to go on my X. I have outstanding credit so I could do it soon, but I would rather save up some money and pay it off all at once. I am thinking that it will be done in September if I save for it, or it can be done as soon as mid June if I want to do it on credit!!

What do you guys think???? (I know boondox is going to say just do the titan engine swap...) :drunken:

When I do this I want the title under my avatar to say "My X costs more than yours"

LOL

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You are trying to see how much stree those diffs can take? ;)

And I think 8th Man and Pony still have you beat price wise. ;)

·
on line
4,919 Posts
I had thought about the supercharger, but I think that I would rather the growl of a titan swap. The price on the supercharger is still a little higher than I would think it should be, but, from stillen, its all pre-tuned and ready to go; which saves a butt-load of time. An engine swap is a big project and always takes it's fair share of time.

I guess it comes down to whether you like the growl of a V8 or the whine of a supercharger, and how much money/time you wanna spend. I'd say go for it :headbang:

·
on line
2,938 Posts
You need to start thinking about a 9" in the rear and that D44 IFS thing the guys at clubfronty are cooking up.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Holy crap.

Whenever I'm debating whether or not I should dump even more money into my X I just think it, "[email protected]*t it, you only live once. Might as well do it before I'm married w/ kids and I can't afford it."

Now I can say to myself, "Don't feel too bad about it, you still haven't spent nearly as much money as Eddie."

I would have to second Boondox on the 5.6 swap, but the supercharger would be pretty sweet to.

Just as long as I get to see it in Moab next year.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I 2nd that. Marriage and kids = zap of funds. Now if I can only get my wife to work full time again.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, im not married yet so i guess my money goes to my X. LOL

But the titan engine has... what about 315hp, and the SC says to add what?... about 90-100 hp.... I think I would rather more horses.... I am also going to modify the exhaust to a true dual setup....

Goodbye money!!!

Oh, after the fronty guys get all of the front diff stuff worked out then I will definitely do the swap.

·
on line
615 Posts
mcampana said:
Would you have ot make any modifications to the engine? Can all the stock engine parts take the extra stress? Or is it one of those deals where it wont matter because its not an on-going thing?

they won't be able to....he will have to do the intercooler, which i think should go on the top of the engine like Subaru does..and there could be the hood scoop....+10 cool factor to the X......it would be an undertaking.....props to ya if you pull it off!!!

·
on line
152 Posts
arnt intercoolers just for turbos and not superchargers since supercharges dont transfer heat to the incoming air like a turbos? i might be wrong since its been a long time since ive kept up with the go fast, im cool, ill probably wreck this thing into a fence while trying a burn out in a week crowd.

·
on line
152 Posts
ok i was wrong.... shouldnt of had that last beer. in both turbos and superchargers the air is heated above atmospheric temperature because when you compress the air it gains heat. the intercooler cools the air back down (close to or even below atmospheric) to increase the density of the air. i forgot the good old ideal gas law pV=nRT

thus making intercoolers or aftercoolers a very good way to gain power on a supercharged or turbo application

·
on line
615 Posts
hokiexterra22 said:
ok i was wrong.... shouldnt of had that last beer. in both turbos and superchargers the air is heated above atmospheric temperature because when you compress the air it gains heat. the intercooler cools the air back down (close to or even below atmospheric) to increase the density of the air. i forgot the good old ideal gas law pV=nRT

thus making intercoolers or aftercoolers a very good way to gain power on a supercharged or turbo application
you are right....in a car you usually dont have to run the inter due to the smaller engine size (less heat) but why i said seX should run one is because of the large size of the X engine.....we're both right....

·
on line
26 Posts
I say do it ! What I would do personally, would be save the money and use the credit card. Then pay off card. I get these reward point thingy's for every dollar I spend with my credit card and I can redeem them later for other things from ipods to kayaks.

·
on line
975 Posts
Here is a Youtube video of an install and test of the supercharger in a Pathfinder. Sorry if it has already been posted.

·
on line
25 Posts
Just go with a 5.6 swap...then S/C... :)

I'd also make sure you have a supply of toilet paper in your X if you went that route...

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just ordered it today.... I found a reputable shop to do the install but the shop is about three weeks backed up.... so Im going to go visit them on monday and wave some cash in their faces!!! that might get the ball rolling a little faster!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts