Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this size Super Swamper tire? 265-80-16 Super Swamper Radial / TSL Mud Tires these convert to 32.2" x 10.5"

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Swampers are a great mud tire...in the mud, they can not be beat.

On the street however...don't plan to get more than 15-20K miles out of them.

·
on line
1,059 Posts
Not only that they are a thicker sidewalled tire which will also sacrafice your ride.

I had a set of LTB's in the past and I can honestly say my BFG M/T's perform pretty good comapred to the Swampers.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
paulhood said:
I think the weight will hurt the truck since they weigh in at 59lbs.
Every pound is added weight and strain, but I agree with Muzikman: it's only a few pounds more than tires lots of us run without issue.

The Toyos whose weight I was complaining about weigh 68 lbs. Counting a matching spare, thats 45 lbs more than the Swampers you're considering.

·
on line
463 Posts
I've got to agree with all that have said, " Make them a second set ! "

I've got a set of their,,,,I think it's the LTB ?, anyway it's their more aggresive tread.
I have them mounted on steel wheels for the " rough stuff."
Outstanding in the dirt, mud, over Rocks, Up Hills, Over torn-up trails,,,,
They cannot be stopped !!!
But, they are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE on the highway !
But, I know that and drive accordingly.

Choose wisely tires are expensive But, your life can depend on them !

JB

·
on line
1,059 Posts
norshor said:
I've been eyeing that tire up for awhile. If I get it it will be a dedicated dirt or blizzard tire for me. Tall and skinny. With big lugs. Yeah!
I can't speak for the TSL's but I can say the LTB's totaly sucked in the snow...Less contact surface.

·
on line
1,059 Posts
Let me add to that.

They sucked in packed snow(like on plowed roadways), but good on loose snow on the trails..

·
on line
1,618 Posts
RIXterra said:
Let me add to that.

They sucked in packed snow(like on plowed roadways), but good on loose snow on the trails..
Thanks for the input, and yes, that would be how I'd use them. How bad were they on ice? I very rarely travel at highway speeds for an extended period of time, and can really use the traction on lakes and trails in the winter. Plus our roads are rarely plowed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts