Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Super Siphon is a patented self-priming siphon hose that obviates the spilling of liquids associated with poor fuel nozzles or possibly swallowing poisonous fuels with other siphon designs. The tube is 6' long and 1/2" thick and flows 3.5 gallons of liquid per minute. Just keep your Jerrycans on the roof rack or other carrier and bridge the gap to your vehicle's filler tube with the Super Siphon.

There is a glass ball contained inside the brass housing on the input end of the siphon. When the input end of the siphon is pushed into liquid, the glass ball is displaced and liquid is forced into the siphon. When the siphon is pulled, the glass ball fights tightly against the mouth of the brass housing and prevents the captured liquid from pouring out of the input end. A few pumps of the input end will fill the siphon with enough liquid to permit gravity to pull out the rest of the liquid. Siphoning will continue as long as there is liquid to be siphoned and the input end of the siphon remains submerged in the liquid. To stop siphoning, simply pull the input end of the siphon from the liquid.

I bought a 3-pack off E-bay for about $11, plus shipping. I then bought 60' of 1/2" ID clear plastic tubing from Home Depot and cut it into 3 sections. I clearly marked one siphon for drinking water use only, and another for gasoline only. The third siphon will be used as a spare to carry with me in case I damage the glass ball in one of the others.

Using the Super Siphon is very simple. The instructions are as follows:
* Drain all liquid from the Super Siphon before using.
* Insert the output end of the Super Siphon into the orifice into which you want to siphon the liquid. The Super Siphon works off gravity. Thus, the output end of the Super Siphon must be lower than the input end for the siphoning action to work.
* Submerge the input end of the Super Siphon (the brass end with the glass ball) into the liquid you wish to siphon.
* Move the input end of the Super Siphon vigorously in an up and down motion. It is important that the input end remain in liquid at all times to start the siphoning action. Once the flow starts, there is no need to pump the input end as gravity will maintain the flow of liquid.
* Once siphoning begins, keep the input end of the Super Siphon in the siphoned liquid.
* To stop siphoning, simply remove the input end of the Super Siphon from the liquid.
* Store the Super Siphon in a cool, dry place.
* The Super Siphon works with almost all liquids, including water, gasoline, diesel fuel, kerosene, fertilizer, insecticides, thinners, paints, solvents, and lubricants to the thickness of 20 grade oil. All of the materials in the Super Siphon are anti-static, so the danger of sparks is minimized.

Plus, Bill Burke uses it. Enough said. Lol, Bill w/ braces...

·
on line
631 Posts
interesting find. no more sucking gas through a hose! haha

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Yea I have one, you can make one with some hose and a or Your PVC valve. Trouble is, the way our fill tube snakes around I am not sure it will work, That's the problem I had every time I tried to use it. Great for putting gas in though from a gas tank. Someone try to make the curves in the X tank and let us know.
You can get one at almost any truck stop they may call it something different but you will recognize it. It does work great for big trucks. MC

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Sweet - just bought a three pack. Good review.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I want the Pull-Pal also pictured on the left hand side. Hell, I want Bill's whole truck... Last time I saw him he had gotten hooked up with a set of non-production mudders from BFG. They are really cool looking.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
BUMP????
Any more good Reviews on this??. Does it work? Or all hype??.
Having Fuel on roof in the Military Fuel cans. Want to transfer to fuel tank, with out removing Cans off roof.

IF they are good?. Will just get online & Buy one, since its not sold in my area..

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Yep, it'd draw from there, but I've read here that the Kolpin flatpacks leak are prone to leak at the nozzle seal. Maybe sub that w/ a marine grade fuel carrier, or the obvious, Scepter or Jerri cans..

·
on line
6,064 Posts
OK cool. I've had mine for a while, and no leaks "yet" hopefully it stays that way.

So could I rest the can on the ground and use the siphon? Or does it have to be above the fueling area?

·
on line
845 Posts
When I tried using one of those siphon's on my gen 1 many years ago it would not fit down into the gas tank.

Does it work on gen II's?

Toy Man

·
on line
3,572 Posts
I was going to get a couple of these and keep them on my roof... i dont have anything to put jerry cans in... the mad maxx rack does not have a spot for them.... and those are flat... soo yeah.... i wouldnt keep them filled all the time... just for day trips...

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Why would the Siphon not work going into the fuel tank?

As long as the hose goes into the hole.. Should free flow in? I used standard plastic jerry cans, nozzle just past the hole.. & 5 gallons gone.

If I can locate one.. other then online.. so far..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts