Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Super Mega Crazy Amazing Mod done today!!

6K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  dragonplayboy 
#1 ·
i mean, WOW! Who else has a black Nissan logo? Nunnayall!

:compress:

See less See more
#14 ·
Dan- The mall crawler is a 2wd, I wanna buy a beater that someone has already invested 10k+ in to do offroading (as soon as I have a two car garage)

Rinky- I've been toying with the idea of doing the mesh grille in black, but I think it really pops right now in stainless steel, maybe down the road i'll get it painted to match.

#17 ·
dragonplayboy said:
WHAT??!?!

I thought I was the only one with this grille!!! I spent hours making it!!

hrm... post pics of yours kal!
LOL! Here is the link for the grille I got. I will post pictures of mine this weekend.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Niss...tegoryZ33645QQihZ014QQitemZ330054144283QQrdZ1

I had to take the grille apart like you did and I cut out the middle part that held the Nissan hamburger. Plus I didn't use the rubber out line that this product came with. I got the RAZR grille option with 5/32" holes powdercoat black. I really liked the blacked out front it looked nice, then I decided to get the matching NISMO badge for the front too. It's funny I got pulled over because I didn't have my plates in the front mounted and the cop gave me a fix it ticket and on the ticket he wrote NISMO..lol.

[img]http://memimage.cardomain....r grille would be sick with black powdercoat.

#20 ·
well I can't powdercoat it unless I make a whole new grille. I made my grille from a sheet of stainless steel mesh (some really thick, hard as hell to cut and bend stuff) that I used a cut-off wheel to cut to the dimensions I wanted and epoxy to mount behind where I cut out the factory grille, I had to dremmel out the entire factory honeycomb to do it. real pain in the ass. I can paint it however, I may do that, we'll see.

I really like the stainless though... :(

#26 ·
you can have them made at your local vinyl sign making store, they usually will have the nissan logo in a book somewhere, just measure the stock one (i believe it's a hair over 12" wide and a hair under 2" tall) and pick out a color of vinyl you like. then make sure you clean off the plastic with some windex or something to get all the grease off and apply it. simple, and shouldn't cost more than 10 bucks for the sticker!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.