Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can share a link to some super bright reverse light bulb replacements? I would really love a plug and play solution to the awful tiny stock blubs, if one exists. I'm trying to avoid the hassle of wiring in auxiliary lights to be able to see what I'm backing up into.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I've added leds in the reverse and to be honest they don't help in day to day use. Maybe if it was pitch black with no other light sources around they would help.

·
on line
2,883 Posts
I've got Cree 5 watt focused beam (long range) for $30/pr shipped, and I just got a shipment of basically the same bulb rearward plus four 5w elements on the side (25w total) for more flood lighting for $45 shipped.

I typically them cheaper when purchased with a bumper.

I know, Pics or it didn't happen. (Tomorrow)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I would go with Vleds. I bought some cheapo ones from ebay and they are absolutely crap. They claim they are the same wattage and everything and serious are not even bright enough to use. Stock bulbs were brighter.

·
on line
2,883 Posts
Here's the replacement tail light backup lamp bulbs I was talking about above (forgot to post pics).

On the right, the 5 watt cree focused beam. On the left, the new 25 watt unit. Rear focused beam and four elements radially for wider angle lighting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do the 25w floods make a difference? Do you have any pics with them installed? Can you post a link to where you got them? This might be what I'm looking for, Thanks!

·
on line
2,883 Posts
The 25's have the same range as before (lights up my neighbors house as I back out of the garage at 4am) but just add a lot more perimeter lighting close to the vehicle which the 5 watts don't do.

I'm not finding any pics on PB. Have to take some more.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
2,883 Posts
I buy direct from china in bulk to sell with the bumpers that have backup lights in them. Otherwise, your tail light b/u's look yellow compared to the LEDs in the bumper. The stock bulbs are worthless anyway.
I can sell u some if needed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Here's a pic of the 5w replacement bulbs

1 - 20 of 41 Posts