Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, new to this forum and my x. i was just wonderin if i could buy sun visors with mirrors in them or should i just velcro mirrors on the stock ones. also, how do i go about removin the stock ones without destroyin the pieces. thanks guys

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I think that the only thing holding the visors on are three screws. Pop the cover off (where it is connected to the hood), and unscrew the screws.

Personally I would go with a velcro type mirror insted of messing around with it.

Oh, the 'X' and 'S' models dont come with mirrors standard (they are an option). I believe the 'OR' and 'SE' models come with mirrors standard.

I dont have them either.

·
on line
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies guys. i noticed today that the mirrors came standard on all the '07 'S' and 'SE' models. of course now nissan decides to do this. thanks again

·
on line
47 Posts
Be careful when popping off the covers over the screws, the tabs break easily and it's been a lil over a year since I changed mine so I can't remember if the dealer charger $2 or $5 for each one. I ended up ordering new visors from an SE that was lighted and had the extenders, wired up the lights and works like a charm. Same situation here, the wife wanted them so she got them.

·
on line
255 Posts
mcampana,
Ummm, I don't think so...looks good on you though!:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
lighted sun visor mirrors

My 2008 SE does not have mirrored sun visors. The question is, are all xterra's pre-wired with connectors/wires running to the two sides of the roof panel where the visors connect? Can I just order lighted/mirrored visors with extenders and simply "plug" them in, or is more detailed wiring required? In my experience, Nissan seems to have pre-wired for most options, whether they were installed or not! :|

·
on line
1,420 Posts
I have a 2008 X model and I purchased some ebay junk yard sale mirrored/lighted sunvisors. the wiring was not there for me. i ran a short wire to the overhead dome light in the middle - not a hard task at all and connected the sunvisors to pull power from the dome light wiring.

I believe the consensus is that no, the wiring isnt there for simple plug and play...u must run a wire to get power elsewhere on this particular issue.

-J

1 - 11 of 11 Posts