125inA30zone said:
1) buy a lighted mirror
2) tape it to the visor
na....i want oem look!

-j

·
on line
47 Posts
I ordered the visors from an SE that's lighted & has the extenders. Tapped into the map light for power.

·
on line
47 Posts
So the question still remains, has anyone successfully installed the SE Sunvisor mirror and light kit on an X that didnt have them from the factory?

I would be very interested in doing that but i'm way too chicken.

·
on line
47 Posts
When you have hair as cool as mine, the visor mirror helps. It also helps when youre picking up a chick. I guess it wouldnt help if you werent into chicks.... not that there's anything wrong with that.

·
on line
1,127 Posts
shane.kelly55 said:
When you have hair as cool as mine, the visor mirror helps. It also helps when youre picking up a chick. I guess it wouldnt help if you werent into chicks.... not that there's anything wrong with that.
HA....Do you bring a blow dryer, comb, and gel with you as well.

·
on line
78 Posts
shane.kelly55 said:
Im married to a beautiful woman who likes the fact that im male and not metro. Dont matter if my hair isnt perfect to her.

Again, there is a mirror back there? Is that for signaling for help if you flip the X in the back country? :D

·
on line
47 Posts
SVTFreak said:
shane.kelly55 said:
Im married to a beautiful woman who likes the fact that im male and not metro. Dont matter if my hair isnt perfect to her.

Again, there is a mirror back there? Is that for signaling for help if you flip the X in the back country? :D
Are you trying to convince me or you? Doesnt matter really. I dont use them but my gf does. Plus, its 2008 and while i dont need everything in my rig, there are some basics that should just be there. like the sunglass holder for instance.

P.S. i love my X.

·
on line
227 Posts
one of the first things my wife said when she got in it "uuuhh.. there's no vanity mirrors on the visor " hahah thus my search for a mirrored visor now..

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL!!!

finally got around to buying a set of sun visors with mirrors with lights - both driver and passenger side. found on ebay for a good price.

ill install them tomorrow.........like someone mentioned, ill most likely tap into the map light as ill be doing my sunglasses holder map light upgrade install as well at the same time. my X model with power package came with map lights, but the basic map lights, no sun glasses holder.

fun stuff.........FML for finally getting around to doing this...

-J

·
Registered
78 Posts
8 years later? Funny thing though my wife constantly complained so i found one for the passengers side. What i like about it is the little extender inside it.. if i could find that for the man side i would buy that but for now i just run S model on DS and SE on PS.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts