Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Is there any way to remove the warning decals that are on the sun visors? I hate the look and I hate that they are in french...

I tried pulling one off like a sticker, but it looks like it will tear the hell out of the fabric underneath.

Thanks!

·
Read Only
656 Posts
I've wondered about this, too. Started to peel one off and it looked like I was gonna booger up the material so I quit. Do you think a heat gun (or a hair dryer) would help?

·
on line
564 Posts
I've got two of them on my 07, one of them came off real easy....the other one looked like it wasn't going to come off without messing up the cloth...so now I only have one.

Rob

·
on line
106 Posts
I tried taking those stickers off before I left the lot and I ran into the same problem everyone else has. I will try to use a heat gun tonight and let everyone know how it worked. I might use a fabric brush or a lint roller to even out the fabric.

·
on line
106 Posts
I tried using a heat gun to see if the decals would come off easier. No luck though. Warming the glue did allow for the decals to come off but not without lifting thr fabric. I tried to use a lint brush and a fabric brush to smooth it out but it did not help. I am thinking of using a lighter to burn the fuz down not sure if that might cause more damage. If it does I will just recover them myself.

·
on line
14 Posts
Visor sticker

I don't recommend removing the sticker. The glue used is NASTY and hard to remove.

On my Chrysler 300C, I have a Hemi, "Visor Disguiser" sticker from this company. I didn't see anything for Nissan's, but contacting them might bring results.

http://www.streamlinedesign.com/visordisguiser.html

If not them, than find another sticker place that will custom make a VINAL sticker for you. Don't go with paper stickers. And be careful that the new sticker fully covers the old sticker.

Cheers,

Scott

·
on line
14 Posts
Oh...when folks tried to remove them on their 300's, this was an issue. I'll bet it was because the visor was leather and it absorbed the glue?

Sorry for the bad glue info. But still, I LOVE my sticker.

I sent Streamline Design a note asking if they would have any interest in a run of Nissan Xterra stickers. I'd buy a pair!

Scott

·
on line
14 Posts
Need measurement on visor stickers

Streamline Design contacted me and asked me to make a template of the visor stickers so they can make a run. They asked me to do a paper and pencil rub template.

They were interested to see if Gen 1 stickers are different shape/size. So I'll make a paper template of a Gen 2 Xterra (2007), but I'd like to see if the size is different for Gen 1's.

If someone could make a careful measurement of the airbag sticker (height and width as well as describe corners as round or square), that would be helpful.

Lastly, what sort of logo's or words would you like on a visor if you could choose.

For my 300C they have:
HEMI
5.7L HEMI
300C

And a couple of other choices.

For an Xterra I'd like:
Xterra
NISMO

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Scott

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Maybe just plain NISSAN
or
A blank plain sticker color matched to the interior color to just cover up.

JUst checked the prices of the link posted earlier. $13-15 for a pair of stickers seems kind of steep IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts