Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts

I see. When I was searching the web I actually found the Morimoto 9007 LED headlight bulb. I wonder if anyone here has used those yet.

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
what is the model name/number of your Morimoto light?
Tell me more about your Morimoto bulbs. I want something better but I do not want the LED "scatter-bombs" that everyone else has.
They are the XB flats. They are able to be aimed as well.

Nissan (Flat): XB LED - Fog Lights from Morimoto HID

It's kind of a dumpy video in my drive way since this was after I had just aimed my HID's using the garage door, but they were definitely worth it, especially for the simple plug and play aspect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I got my X (06-S) front lighting was less than desirable. With that I did the following that resulted in much improved, very adequate lighting at low cost.
First thing I did was to clean/revitalize existing OEM headlight lenses as they were faded/sun damaged. I used a kit from 3M as I already had it . There are numerous products and U-tube vids out there for reference. Goal is to end up with clear plastic again. Some improvement was gained from this action.
Next I ordered and installed new Halogen bulbs. Replaced the OEMs with “Philips Crystal Ultra Vision” bulbs. Bought them on E-Bay for less than $30 and installed them in less than 10 minutes. Major improvement.
I still wanted to take advantage of the stock bumper mount location for fog lights but didn’t want to spend $200+ dollars for an OEM kit. So I ordered an aftermarket fog lamp kit from A1auto.com for about $60. Kit included all necessary parts, install was fairly simple and it comes with a lifetime warranty. Instructions were very generic, but provided enough info to get the job done. Most difficulty came in finding a switched power source that is easy to get to. I used the rear passenger power plug located by the cup holder.
End result was major improvement in lighting without going the HID/LED route

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I’m running katana led headlights and STEDI led fogs, love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
21 - 32 of 32 Posts