Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine w/ an F-150 said they were having similar discussions on their forums w/ spacers and UCA contacts as mentioned here. One vendors solution was to offer a new modified spacer with a slight offset to avoid rubbing. Here's an eBay link to theirs.
Does anyone think the same principle could be applied to spacers for the X?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...tegoryZ33585QQihZ003QQitemZ130099622312QQrdZ1
Our leveling kit includes three steel 1/4" thick gussets welded in. These gussets extend to the outer edge of the spacers and prevent the top and bottom rings from bending with age and use. This is our re-designed offset version. NO OTHER leveling kit manufacturer offers this. The 1/4" offset keeps the upper control arm from rubbing on the coil spring during full upward deflection ( tires off the ground ). Go to the Ford owners forum F-150online.com to find out more. NOTE** WITHOUT THIS OFFSET YOU RISK DAMAGING YOUR UPPER CONTROL ARMS AND COIL SPRINGS. THE OFFSET DOES NOT IN ANY WAY EFFECT THE HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS OR FACTORY RIDE QUALITY**

·
on line
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I spoke w/ this vendor and he said they haven't had customers complain w/ their XTerra spacers. I think I'll give them a try.

·
on line
589 Posts
This almost looks like they were designed to be preventing contact with the spacer itself...

If that is the case it isn't quite the same issue as ours because we run into contact issues with coil bucket, which is caused by essentially too tall of a spacer. I think...

·
on line
564 Posts
The 1/4" offset keeps the upper control arm from rubbing on the coil spring during full upward deflection ( tires off the ground ). Go to the Ford owners forum F-150online.com to find out more. NOTE** WITHOUT THIS OFFSET YOU RISK DAMAGING YOUR UPPER CONTROL ARMS AND COIL SPRINGS. THE OFFSET DOES NOT IN ANY WAY EFFECT THE HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS OR FACTORY RIDE QUALITY**
Sounds like the F-150's are having problems with the coil spring contacing the UCA. The problems that the lifted X's are having is the UCA contacting the coil bucket. Sounds like two different scenarios.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts