Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 7089 and 7189 series procomp wheels that are popular on X's are backordered 90 out. I had to go with the 8089's that I do not like as much because my buddy who owns an offroad shop couldn't get them through 4wheel parts(their maker). This sux!

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Shitty! Sucks to hear man. What do the 8089's look like?

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They aren't too much different but I'm not sure if I am going to like the black squares on the inner lip. It seems like there is too much going on looks wise, but heck I might like them better in person.
8089's

7189's

7089's

I could paint them to look the same as the other styles but that wouldn't be fun to do to brand new rims. angry9:

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I've done this several times, but here's ProComp 8089 with ProComp M/T's on--

--

-=-Much better than Plain old 7089, see, there's a flash of SS !!!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
15,651 Posts
JIMBO said:
:clown: I've done this several times, but here's ProComp 8089 with ProComp M/T's on--

--

-=-Much better than Plain old 7089, see, there's a flash of SS !!!

Are those ProComp MT's or AT's? They do not look like a mud tire to me.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Well, I got you guys to say something - :cheers: :cheers:

--Those are PROCOMP LT265/75R16 ALL TERRAIN M&S--

--I had ordered M/T's with the TENTRAX, but Mr. Dillon asked me if I wanted the A/T's instead, not quite so noisy and I didn't need the additional traction--

·
on line
90 Posts
I ordered my 7089s on November 1st...and still don't have them. I was quoted December 28th just last week; I hope they aren't just being ambitious.

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TXterra37 said:
I looked at these along w/ the 7089's, but w/ my Night Armor I preferred the all cast-black look. I'm happy w/ mine, been wheeling fairly hard w/ them and no issues yet. No spacers needed but myself and Miles had those custom hub-centric ring adapters made up to plug on the hubs.
I wanted to keep a darker look with my night armor color also. The 7189's had just enough silver I think but I'm afraid the 8089's are going to be more shine than I wanted. :cyclopsani:

All the wheels I listed should fit without adapters/spacers because they are of the same design just different styling. I'm going to test fit the rims before I mount the tires to make sure though. By next week I'll show ya'll how they look.

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got them on and still waiting for my rear shckles. I think they look a lot better in person than these crappy pics but you get the idea.

I'm pretty happy with them actually, those squares on the inside of the rim are chiseled indentions and make the wheel look tough(you can't tell from the pics)
I'll be making a post of all my mods in a little while.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts