Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I'm going to build one of these next month, and I'm curious what you guys would reccommend to plug up the AC vents that run under the seat? I need to remove them to get the necessary depth for the sub enclosure.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
use that spray foam expander gap filler stuff. Youl could squirt a little down there and then just cut of the excess that comes out the top

Ok, maybe not the best idea but at least I tried.

Whats the holes look like once the plastic air director is removed?

·
on line
1,045 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
hey I'm going to build one of these next month, and I'm curious what you guys would reccommend to plug up the AC vents that run under the seat? I need to remove them to get the necessary depth for the sub enclosure.

did you get the box done? I wolud love to see the install and what you used... I'm thinking of doing a sub under the seat as well.

·
on line
58 Posts
steathbox

just do a stealthbox i was recently at a JL audio training and if you want your xterra to pound a 12w3 is the way to go!

-Cowboy

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want it to "pound", I want my music to sound accurate and detailed. I also don't ever want to purchase, own, or install absolutely anything JL has ever or will ever make. I've watched enough (and on occasion competed in) IASCA & USAC competitions to know crap when I see/hear it.

(Not trying to be a dick, it's just that JL is garbage.)

·
on line
1,045 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
I don't want it to "pound", I want my music to sound accurate and detailed. I also don't ever want to purchase, own, or install absolutely anything JL has ever or will ever make. I've watched enough (and on occasion competed in) IASCA & USAC competitions to know crap when I see/hear it.

(Not trying to be a dick, it's just that JL is garbage.)
Which underseat sub did you choose?

...has it been a month yet? I just spent 15 hours in my X; thinking more and more about doing this.

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
two things set me back, finishing this stupid online class and the fact that my damn passenger seat has a rattle in it! whenever I go over little bumps it sounds like plastic is hitting plastic or something of that nature. really sucks, but I have to get down there and figure it out before I can make the enclosure. does anyone have a picture of the fosgate sub enclosure? that'll make my life way easier... That way I know what I'm trying to mimic.

·
on line
143 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
two things set me back, finishing this stupid online class and the fact that my damn passenger seat has a rattle in it! whenever I go over little bumps it sounds like plastic is hitting plastic or something of that nature. really sucks, but I have to get down there and figure it out before I can make the enclosure.
When you figure it out, please post...I can't stand it either.. :cussing: :banghead:

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thx man. I just finished chapter 9 of 10. hopin to be done with the last of it by this weekend, and hopin to take the final next week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts