Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
on line
3,050 Posts
awesome...I have been looking for one...I kept using huge rubbermaid bins but none of them could fit much...good find...I need to check lowes here in Canada

·
on line
294 Posts
its in the hardware dept when you get to NY (i work at lowe's on long island) by the pickup truck boxes.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I did that and I am actually going to a mall in Buffalo tommarrow, so I took the malls zip code and typed it in on the store locator section of the site and it gave me the West Amherst store....I should double check their stock again...thanks for that reminder Jason

·
on line
3,050 Posts
double checked and yes they have it in stock lets hope it doesnt sellout by tommarrow afternoon.

I Yahooed mapped it from the malI am going to....only 1.4miles away and 4 mins in time....tack on an extra 15 mins because I dont know the area.

·
on line
1,127 Posts
Okie dokie Guys I went to Lowes today to check this thing out. I felt it was a very nice box but the only problem I had with it, was that it didn't have any latches on it so the top is always open. So I thought about buying it but I thought I would run to Walmart real quick to make sure they didn't have anything like it that would be cheaper. I ended up buying one from walmart that was a little cheaper in quality but has latches on it and was only 17 dollars. Unfortunately I started putting stuff in it and sliced my finger open on its sharp plastic, I will give it a couple more days to see how I like it otherwise its going back and I will buy the Lowes one.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Check Walmart as well. They have one that is identical to that one. Its made by rubbermaid and i believe its the same price.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
XterraDude said:
Okie dokie Guys I went to Lowes today to check this thing out. I felt it was a very nice box but the only problem I had with it, was that it didn't have any latches on it so the top is always open. So I thought about buying it but I thought I would run to Walmart real quick to make sure they didn't have anything like it that would be cheaper. I ended up buying one from walmart that was a little cheaper in quality but has latches on it and was only 17 dollars. Unfortunately I started putting stuff in it and sliced my finger open on its sharp plastic, I will give it a couple more days to see how I like it otherwise its going back and I will buy the Lowes one.
Wow, no latches? How does it close?

·
on line
112 Posts
I don't know if yall have a Harbor Freight or Tractor Supply Co near yall, but they sell similar products for less. They're of better quality and durability, IMO, as well.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
I picked up one of these at Wal-Mart. Think I paid $24.99. Has worked great so far;

http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-ActionPacker-24-Gallon-Storage-Container/dp/B00002N6SQ

If you scroll down the page you'll see photos of a few other "action packer" products. They have a 35 gallon action packer "tool box." Wonder if it contains some trays or something. That might be kinda cool. I think anything bigger than 35 gallons would be too big.

I've got a tool bag that I throw in the back whenever I head out to wheel. The action packer works great for spare parts, fluids, tow straps, tree straps, etc.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Harbor freight has quite a selection, but--

--If Wal-Mart, Harbor, Lowes or Costco doesn't have EXACTLY what you want--

--I've got special tool/storage boxes from NorthernTool.com

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 20 of 34 Posts