Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine just bought a new 2013 X manual and it's stuck in 4 low and she can't get it out. What would cause this and how can she fix it? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
448 Posts
Had this happen to me once. Mine is an auto though. Tried every the right way by the book to put it back into 2wd and nothing worked. Had to disconnect the battery for about a half hour and go back through the procedure and all was fine. Just make sure she knows not to go driving around in 4lo! LOL :D

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I'll let her know. She's an experienced off roader. She has full shrock skids underneath and this is like her fourth Xterra. I tried getting her to join here but she won't.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Why because she's a female and they always get bombarded on forums that are primarily visited by guys? If she would have posted this question it would already have had 17 pages of replies haha
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly, lol but it'd be closer to 50 pages and include offers to fly or drive out to wherever she lives to help her get it unstuck. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha True.. Well none of the ideas helped so she's getting it towed to the dealership. It only has 9,000 miles on it. She had a 2007 Offroad and had zero problems with it. When she bought the 2013 she gave the 2007 away. YES gave it away to her sister-in-law.

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine does that too. I'm sure she tried that. It's at the dealership now, so we'll see what happens.

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They told her it was something about the connector wires from the 4wd switch weren’t completely pushed into place and water got inside the connection. They took them apart, dried them, applied some dilithium grease to prevent the problem from happening again, and it works fine. Just thought you all would like to know.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I've had mine get stuck in 4 lo. Nice loud warning buzzer too. The only thing that fixed it was to stop on a flat area, shift into park and cut the ignition. I started it back up and all was fine. :confused:

I think the key is to make sure the driveline is unloaded when going back to 2wd. Seems to me that if the transfer case is under any bind, it won't shift.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts